APC [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: APC

my 900
7th July 2002, 11:43 AM
I HAVE GOT A LPT AND I AM JUST ABOUT TO FIT AN INTERCOOLER TO IT. NICO RECOMMENDED A A.P.C AND SAID IF I WAS ANY GOOD WITH A SOLDERING IRON IT WOULD BE A BREEZE. I AM LOUSY WITH A STEAM IRON. WOULD I NEED TO CHANGE THE INSTRUMENT PANEL AS WELL TO SEE THE BOOST? ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS?

john-w
7th July 2002, 02:04 PM
You could change the dash to one with a turbo gauge fitted or simply get an aftermarket gauge!!

john-w
7th July 2002, 02:24 PM
Check out this page and at the bottom there's a link to fitting an APC into a volvo, this contains a wiring layout which should be helpfull to you!!
http://www.dave-new.com/apc/kevinapc.html

my 900
7th July 2002, 03:33 PM
web page mentioned knock sensor to be fitted. Is there already a hole in the engine block to take this or is it a different block to the FULL BLOWN TURBO? to change the panel are the necessary wires in the standard wiring loom to fit boost gauge?

niko
7th July 2002, 05:14 PM
The hole for the knock sensor is already done. You just have to find a bolt.
For the boost gauge, i suggest you to buy one as the boost gauge in full blown turbo panel is not graduate.
But if you want the classical boost gauge in the panel, you can change only the right side of your panel. Take care of the right side that you put in your panel as this right side must come from a panel that have the check engine , the oil pressure light and the battery light at the left. The old version of c900 has the check engine on the left BUT the oil pressure at the right !!!

The more easy for a LPT is to buy a panel from a full pressure with the three lights on the left (check engine/oil pressure/batterry); to remove the left side of your panel (the counter) and put it in the panel you've buy. Nothing have to be change (I do that). For the pressure gauge, you just have to plug a air duct from one duct coming from the inlet manifold to the gauge.
Maybe you will have to change the fuel tank transducer but i'm not sure. I remember that the fuel gauge was erratic but i'm not sure it was coming from the change of the panel.

my 900
7th July 2002, 05:57 PM
is it worth doing the red box upgrade as i have got to pick up APC box anyway. any idea of the cost?