New England Six Flags meet. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New England Six Flags meet.

lionsgraphics
5th May 2004, 12:56 AM
Since i don't know about the date i started this here in lounge, according to rules that's what i suppose to do.

Anyway i think it's a good place for a meet for ppl who live in northern half of new england.

ummm apart from meeting, checking out each other's cars, and go for a roller coaster rides, i dunno what we could do. So, i'm open for ideas.

Date has not been set yet, altho' i'm thinkin' somewhere in june.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/newengland/index.asp

Slaab4life
5th May 2004, 06:45 AM
ummm apart from meeting, checking out each other's cars, and go for a roller coaster rides, i dunno what we could do. So, i'm open for ideas.

:nono; :nono; I dunno about that roller coaster ride right now. Hopefully super man will be reopenned soon all fixed up. Seems Six Flags is pretty stuck in the middle on this subject, family is asking 'why my 55 yr old 200 lb son with cerebral palsey allowed on the coaster,' so sounds like they'll be sueing, while the american disability act REQUIRES six flags to let anyone who can get onto the ride on their own, to be able to ride it. Wow, I get off subject quite easily, but looking forward to hearing what date and any other info about this meet up. :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
5th May 2004, 08:22 AM
For the record. It happened last year as well to a duplicate 6flag roller/coaster. 8)

lionsgraphics
5th May 2004, 11:50 AM
oh man, i heard about superman a lot, this sucks that it's closed. Thnx for info.

Umm i need more people to set a date, for now i say it's somewhere in june/july.

Mattlach
5th May 2004, 12:00 PM
oh man, i heard about superman a lot, this sucks that it's closed. Thnx for info.

Umm i need more people to set a date, for now i say it's somewhere in june/july.

I'm interested. It would be nice to meet some of you SC'ers in person. Maybe I'll even have my car fixed by June (if thats the current plan)

As far as the roller coaster goes..

I've ridden it. It was fast. It was fun. And having ridden it I simply can not understand how the guy fell out. I mean, I was absolutely CLAMPED in that thing by the restraint system...

Also When I was there it was a 45 minute wait for what amounted to more or less a 30 second ride. Great ride though :)

roller girl
5th May 2004, 12:47 PM
June sounds great as there aren't any Saab events in June right now! I have a ton of $8 off ticket coupons too....

Tomoose
5th May 2004, 01:02 PM
I would probably come, Springfield/Agawam isnt that far from Albany. I really hope that ride is open by then, it really kicks ****

lionsgraphics
5th May 2004, 01:33 PM
June sounds great as there aren't any Saab events in June right now! I have a ton of $8 off ticket coupons too....

Cool, glad to meet new ppl with Saabs.

There's a big NE meet, i think in July, and in June in NH there will be a gathering too. That's all i know of.

roller girl
5th May 2004, 02:20 PM
I haven't seen anything on the events calender for June yet but the NESA SOG is the weekend of July 16 at Mt. Snow in Vermont. What's happeneing in NH in June? I love NH!!

Tweek's Turbos
5th May 2004, 02:23 PM
June 5th is the Canadian meet, I would be free 2 weeks after that. I'm not really big on fast scary rides :o . Not Kidding either. :roll:

lionsgraphics
5th May 2004, 02:53 PM
I haven't seen anything on the events calender for June yet but the NESA SOG is the weekend of July 16 at Mt. Snow in Vermont. What's happeneing in NH in June? I love NH!!

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29320

saab run, actually july. i dunno if i'll be able to make it, seems like 3.5 hour drive for me.

Tweek's Turbos: I'm pretty sure it's not goin' to be the beginning of June, since i'm gonna be broke by the end of may.

How does end (mid 20's) of june sounds for everyone ?

Mattlach
5th May 2004, 03:06 PM
How does end (mid 20's) of june sounds for everyone ?

Sounds good to me. I'm assuming this will be on a weekend?

lionsgraphics
5th May 2004, 04:12 PM
yep, definately on weekend.

Slaab4life
5th May 2004, 04:21 PM
I remember last time someone died on the Superman ride at six flags new england, i went the next day and was dissapointed to find the ride shut down, but their are some other great coasters there too. end of june sounds good on a weekend!

BTW Wonka, I saw this: http://www.umassd.edu/calendar/welcome.cfm?ek=3188&view=monthly&fm=05&fd=01&fy=2004&c=&kw= we should go enter our Saabs in it. Good for a laugh or two.

Mattlach
5th May 2004, 05:28 PM
BTW Wonka, I saw this: http://www.umassd.edu/calendar/welcome.cfm?ek=3188&view=monthly&fm=05&fd=01&fy=2004&c=&kw= we should go enter our Saabs in it. Good for a laugh or two.

hehehe

Sponsored by: Asian Students Association, Street Image, & more

Must be a rice fest.... :o

Slaab4life
5th May 2004, 06:30 PM
sure appears to be. flyers in school shows riced out cars, webpage shows different riced out cars. I'm going to get some duct tape, some cardboard, and make a body kit for my '86 flesh colored C900. It'll be a show stopper. Might end up going with my digi cam and a beer, have a good laugh. See, I email them and I'm in the show! :roll:

zingZACH
5th May 2004, 08:29 PM
I for one HATE rollercoasters. :o :oops: I hate the feeling of being punched in the stomach....

zingZACH
5th May 2004, 08:31 PM

If you love NH so much, please register for the Claremont Saab Run... :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
5th May 2004, 10:22 PM

Thanks for letting me know. It's summer, I'm on the boat. My car's plain. I feel it might do better with a bigger rear foil preferably up on struts. You understand. 8)

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 12:15 AM
I for one HATE rollercoasters. :o :oops: I hate the feeling of being punched in the stomach....

For rollercoaster hating ppl, is there anything else there in Six Flags, i'm pretty sure there're some stuff that won't make you feel, scared :) or in pain.

Slaab4life
6th May 2004, 07:33 AM
They've got a great water park. We could all go lounge by the wave pool and drink martinis and smoke from our pipes!

yfs87
6th May 2004, 09:05 AM
too bad alan is all the way over in the UK, he is the pipe master lol...id be in whatever the case, as long as work dosent tie me down that is...

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 10:09 AM
Ok so in order to open a thread in Saab events forum, we need to set a date.

how does sat. june 26th or sun. june 27th sound ?

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 10:42 AM
Ok so in order to open a thread in Saab events forum, we need to set a date.

how does sat. june 26th or sun. june 27th sound ?

Sounds excellent to me.

When you start the events thread, will you link it here?

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 10:44 AM
that's a good idea i'll do that

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 11:02 AM
It's not that I am afraid of rollercoasters.... I just dont enjoy the experience of near throwing up if I can prevent it lol :lol: :nono; You can probably count me in though... I will just ride on some other stuff... As long as I am not the only one waiting around for you guys while you are on the other rides lol... would you want to set up a caravan for us NH people? :idea

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 11:38 AM
what do you mean by this ?

would you want to set up a caravan for us NH people?

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 11:48 AM
Like, for people coming from the North, like NH, VT, ME, and such... would anyone like to go down to Six Flags in a caravan of saabs...

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 11:54 AM
Like, for people coming from the North, like NH, VT, ME, and such... would anyone like to go down to Six Flags in a caravan of saabs...

That would be funny. A long line of Saabs on the road.

Those of us from Rhode Island / Southeastern Mass. should do the same.

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 11:55 AM

That would be funny. A long line of Saabs on the road.

lots of saab people travel in caravans when going to a place 8)

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 12:08 PM
we can do that Zach, unless, to form a caravan, i have to make a huge detour.

seems like we're the only 2 ppl to the north of 6 flags :(.

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 12:11 PM
we can do that Zach, unless, to form a caravan, i have to make a huge detour.

seems like we're the only 2 ppl to the north of 6 flags :(.

well... all we have to do is find a place to meet that is in our travel... so neither of us have to detour...

Slaab4life
6th May 2004, 12:45 PM
I'll get in on that action.

Personally I'd prefer a Saturday, that way when I'm hanging up-side-down on a rollercoaster I can think to myself 'hmmm, tomorrow is still the weekend, GREAT!' Cause come monday morning, i'll be up at 5am. But I guess it doesn't really matter what day of the weekend.

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 12:46 PM
makes sense.

i really don't know NH, or MA that good, in terms of roads.

so i made directions for me, and here's a part of it, where i go thru NH and northern mass. we can meet there...

Stay on I-95 (West) 7.9 0:07
Entering New Hampshire
11: *Toll road* Stay on I-95 [Blue Star Memorial Hwy] (South) 11.3 0:09
12: At exit 1, stay on I-95 [Blue Star Memorial Hwy] (South) 2.8 0:02
Entering Massachusetts
13: Keep RIGHT onto I-495 (I-495 / Worcester) 55.4 0:53
14: At exit 25B, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-290 (I-290 / Worcester) 20.0 0:17

any suggestions ?

P.S. DAMN 6 flags is almost in connecticut.
P.P.S. i guess we have one vote for saturday, i'm pretty sure i can do sat. or sun. so it's not a big deal for me.

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 12:48 PM
makes sense.

i really don't know NH, or MA that good, in terms of roads.

so i made directions for me, and here's a part of it, where i go thru NH and northern mass. we can meet there...

Stay on I-95 (West) 7.9 0:07
Entering New Hampshire
11: *Toll road* Stay on I-95 [Blue Star Memorial Hwy] (South) 11.3 0:09
12: At exit 1, stay on I-95 [Blue Star Memorial Hwy] (South) 2.8 0:02
Entering Massachusetts
13: Keep RIGHT onto I-495 (I-495 / Worcester) 55.4 0:53
14: At exit 25B, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-290 (I-290 / Worcester) 20.0 0:17

any suggestions ?

P.S. DAMN 6 flags is almost in connecticut.

yeah.... that would be way out of my way.... around 2 1/2 hours out of my way to be exact lol.... hmmmm

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 12:51 PM
I just had a thought...

Being that 6 flags is in Springfield, MA, and Springfield MA is the western mass capitol of riced up Hondas we should do something to show them what a true car is like.

Slaab4life
6th May 2004, 12:55 PM
Being that 6 flags is in Springfield, MA, and Springfield MA is the western mass capitol of riced up Hondas we should do something to show them what a true car is like.
Is agawam that close to springfield? what kind of plan are you devising Mattlach? Maybe someone go on a mission and find out where these ricers are hanging, report back to the rest of us and then go and take over the spot?

Just get yourself onto the Mass Pike (I-90) should be all set from there, meet up at one of the rest areas or something. Then you head onto I-291...and well, mapquest will tell you the rest.

zingZACH
6th May 2004, 01:20 PM
I'll just take I-91 right down... because 91 is 5 min from my house 8)

lionsgraphics
6th May 2004, 01:29 PM
agawam (six flags location) is like 15 mins from springfield.

Yeah, Zach don't worry i'll see you there i guess in agawam.

Or we can all meet somewhere in springfield and go together to six flags...

P.S. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/399995/PC070933.JPG

me in my second car :) '97 altima.

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 02:05 PM
Or we can all meet somewhere in springfield and go together to six flags...

It's probably wise to meet somewhere in advance, casue if memory serves, the Six Flags parking lot is quite large, an dif we all go seperately it might be difficult to do the "compare our saabs" thing.

Is there anyone who is a little bit more familliar with the area that can reccomend a good meeting place?

Mattlach
6th May 2004, 02:10 PM
I'll get in on that action.

Personally I'd prefer a Saturday, that way when I'm hanging up-side-down on a rollercoaster I can think to myself 'hmmm, tomorrow is still the weekend, GREAT!' Cause come monday morning, i'll be up at 5am. But I guess it doesn't really matter what day of the weekend.

I dont know if there is anyone else in the area who might want to do that as well, but as far as the two of us goes, meeting somewhere along I495 after I95 seems ideal, or do you prefer doing I195 -> I95 -> RI 146 -> Masspike in order to save some on tolls?

We have plenty of time to figure this out though.

lionsgraphics
7th May 2004, 12:20 AM
just wanted to see how many ppl we've got that are interested.

Slaab4life

Mattlach

roller girl

Tomoose

Tweek's Turbos

lionsgraphics

zingZACH

yfs87 (you're coming from MD ??? )

Are you interested willy wonka ?

Date is either June 26th or 27th.

I'm leaning towards saturday the 26th...

we'll be meeting somewhere before goin' to 6 flags.

I'm waiting for any suggestions...

I have couple of questions tho'

what time should we meet ?

and where should we gather prior to goin' to 6 flags?

If i put you on the list and you're not goin' or most likely won't go, post and say so, so we won't wait for you on parking lot and i guess for some other reason... :)

7-8 ppl already, wow.

Thanks.

Slaab4life
7th May 2004, 06:52 AM
Their are many choices for where to meet up. Their is a good little lunch place across the street from the park just past going by the waterpark on that main drag, decent food. Meet for an early lunch, spend the afternoon in the park.

Two people who were on same ride claim park workers didn't check to see if the safety restraints on all the cars were fastened and locked before the ride began.
-quoted from NBC10 Prov.
:o I think I might be with zingZACH in the waterpark....

meeting somewhere along I495 after I95 seems ideal, or do you prefer doing I195 -> I95 -> RI 146 -> Masspike
I'd do the I495 to I90 (MP), I'm familiar wit it, and toll money doesn't really matter to me. but I could do the second choice, doesn't really matter, would have to look up those directions because I've never done it that way.

What about guests? I don't know how the Saab events work, is this exclusive or are currently-non-believers allowed? I'm sure 2 or 3 friends of mine would love a trip to the park.

lionsgraphics
7th May 2004, 10:32 AM
No it's not exclusively for saabs.

Anyone can come, unless they drive Yugo or Ford Pinto :)

DirtyGriffin
7th May 2004, 12:36 PM
Hey guys if you remember me i'm back to talk about saabs. I was thinking that I liked Saab Day in Brookline,Ma so much that I would like to do something like this! Maybe we can have something closer to Boston so the people from the far North dont have to travel all day! What do you guys think!

lionsgraphics
7th May 2004, 01:53 PM
Well it's not a huge meet (with BBQ and car models and burnout competition and all that stuff), i mean we will meet and talk for an hour or so, eat our food, then we'll kind of will run out of ideas what to do (i'm pretty sure not, just saying)... therefore i think 6 flags will keep us entertained. Also, ppl from CT or NY will be able to come.

I'm coming all the way from maine man...I thought about places to meet for a while, and for group of max 10 ppl, i couldn't find a better place in NE.

Altho i'm open for ideas, if you have better idea than 6 flags, then go ahead...

Mattlach
7th May 2004, 01:56 PM
I'm coming all the way from maine man...I thought about places to meet for a while, and for group of max 10 ppl, i couldn't find a better place in NE.

Altho i'm open for ideas, if you have better idea than 6 flags, then go ahead...

I think six flags is a good idea.
I see no reason to set any kind of limit at 10 ppl though :P

lionsgraphics
7th May 2004, 02:51 PM
i'm not setting a limit, i assume it's gonna be 10 ppl at most.

Mattlach
7th May 2004, 03:05 PM
i'm not setting a limit, i assume it's gonna be 10 ppl at most.

Ahh My mistake.

Slaab4life
7th May 2004, 05:52 PM
No it's not exclusively for saabs.

Anyone can come, unless they drive Yugo or Ford Pinto
Noooo, I just meant with me, gotta keep at least the caravan of Saabs pure and clean.

Hey guys if you remember me i'm back to talk about saabs. I was thinking that I liked Saab Day in Brookline,Ma so much that I would like to do something like this! Maybe we can have something closer to Boston so the people from the far North dont have to travel all day! What do you guys think!

Brookline, MA? Egh, no thanks, rather be on the open road somewhere rather than dealing with the city streets and jerks who drive through red lights. I like
lionsgraphics plan. could have multiple events in the area on different weekends over the summer.

Some other thingss to do in the area on other weekends:
-go to glosta and eat some lobsta rolls....
-take an enchanting ride along the cape cod shoreline....
-take an enchanting ride along the maine shoreline, i love doing that one!
-what about canoby lake park...that still open?
-those who hike can all join up be interesting to see a line of Saabs forming at a trail head, and climb a mountain....
-maybe we could all get a month off of work and form a guiness book of world records under the title "worlds longest and furthest travelled caravan of a single brand of car" actually, that could be interesting....drive around to each SC member's house and have them ride in the pack for the duration....

hmmm, starting to envision 10 Saabs taking up the 3 lanes of the mass pike now...3 in front, 3 in the middle, 3 taking up the rear and 1 up front leading the pack.

Mattlach
7th May 2004, 06:01 PM
-take an enchanting ride along the cape cod shoreline....
-take an enchanting ride along the maine shoreline, i love doing that one!

Don't forget an enchanting ride along the Rhode Island shorline, crossing a few picturesque bridges, and stopping for dinner in the beautiful Newport?

Slaab4life
7th May 2004, 07:36 PM
dang you! I had that thought while I was outside since I posted that last bit! what is that suspension bridge off 24 there...is it the hope bridge or mount hope maybe, don't remember the name. the one that 114 crosses over in tiverton... meet up at big park right near there on the water. take some digi pics of all the cars with the water backdrop...tour Bellevue Ave., stare at some huge mansions, then take a scenic ride down Ocean Ave. get some grub somewhere.

Mattlach
7th May 2004, 09:00 PM
dang you! I had that thought while I was outside since I posted that last bit! what is that suspension bridge off 24 there...is it the hope bridge or mount hope maybe, don't remember the name. the one that 114 crosses over in tiverton... meet up at big park right near there on the water. take some digi pics of all the cars with the water backdrop...tour Bellevue Ave., stare at some huge mansions, then take a scenic ride down Ocean Ave. get some grub somewhere.

That sounds great. Let's take it one at a time though. Settle this Six Flags thing first :)

Willy Wonka
7th May 2004, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the invite. I'm usually not much for group things. I'll consider it for a while. It would be nice to see a bunch of saabsters, but I'm too old a fart to enjoy an amusement park. If that's what's on the agenda?
You all have an open invite to the sea shore (private beach with sand dunes,waves,clean ocean water) in beautiful westport mass, either as a group, where i'll supply the beer and dogs or individually where I'll still supply the beer and who knows what food.
I'm requested to be at either the vinyard or cuttyhunk by the local denizons, usually on week ends. If any of you are out in this direction, pm me and we'll set something up.
The wife just informed me that amusement parks are out, now that the kids have grown.
So since I represent a small (1), but vocal minority, I'll acquiesce to the wishes of the bunch.

lionsgraphics
10th May 2004, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, been moving into new house for past 4 days. I'm extremely tired from phone calls, furniture ppl and just moving boxes and bags with stuff.

I finally received my Saab 900S, build quality is higher than my altima, higher quality products were used in interior, and it's feels way faster. DRL didn't work on it, which is EXCELLENT. It has it's own defects (since it's an old car) like, couple of lights don't work (front right fog light's bulb, and back right fog lights bulb), air flow speed, can't go to 2, it just doesn't work on 2 but works on 1 and 3. I'm not really worried about it, since i'm gonna take a look into it later. I can fix all defects except dead sunroof engine :evil: .

Anyway back to the topic. I already wanna set up a topic for event forum, so i'm gonna try to ask all question i have left now.

We're meeting as i understand next to Six Flags to eat, right ?

restaurant or smthn, does any of you know address of some good place to eat there in Agawam, close to six flags ? (BK, McD are definately out)

June 26, sat. good ?

Willy you'll feel like a kid again once you go upside down in a rollercoaster :)

If you wanna bring friends, go ahead, i'll bring at least one.

How early you guys wanna meet to eat ?

i think that's all questions i have for now.

on Main st. in Agawam (that's where Six flags is located), there're several restaurants...

i'm listing em all here.

Pond House Restaurant Restaurant 1422 Main St 789-3799

Nickys Pizzeria Pizza 1000 Main St 786-9977

Cooks in the Kitchen Restaurant 1668 Main St 786-8068

area code 413.

Slaab4life
10th May 2004, 01:59 PM
The place I had stopped at must have been the 1668 main st place, Cooks in the Kitchen Restaurant. decent burgers, sandwiches, etc. We could have a tailgate barbeque in the parking lot maybe?

DirtyGriffin
10th May 2004, 08:05 PM
If you go up to maine and do a maine ride let me know i'm down!

Mattlach
10th May 2004, 08:12 PM
The place I had stopped at must have been the 1668 main st place, Cooks in the Kitchen Restaurant. decent burgers, sandwiches, etc. We could have a tailgate barbeque in the parking lot maybe?

Sounds doable :)

PaulH
10th May 2004, 08:44 PM
well i just spotted this one, and i'm pretty sure i'm in. i'm always up for a trip to a six flags and ive never been to the one in mass. but as always i'm gonna be conservative and say that i'm a definite maybe because thats over a month away and by that time i may have gotten up off my lazy can and gotten a job :roll: (yeah right and lose my unemployment?!?! :lol: .

so yeah if i do go i'll probably bring a guest.

Paul

goalkeeper21
10th May 2004, 10:09 PM
lionsgraphics, Count me in on going. I may have a soccer tournament I'm not sure exactly what date but count me in.
Thanks
Tony

lionsgraphics
10th May 2004, 10:09 PM
cool stuff.

as mattlach said sounds doable.

1668 main st. sounds fine. six flags is 1000 smthn main st. anyway.

Maine ride ? i wish, i dunno anyone from northern NE to do this with.

OK, so i'll open this thread in EVENT forum tomorrow...

Tweek's Turbos
10th May 2004, 10:57 PM
Sorry Guys I can't make that weekend.

Slaab4life
10th May 2004, 11:52 PM
Six Flags New England
Route 159, 1623 Main St,
P.O. Box 307
Agawam, MA 01001
413-786-9300

DirtyGriffin
11th May 2004, 12:13 PM
Well I think we could find some people to do a NH/Maine ride! There has to be a few people up for it! Make a two day thing! We can stay at an inn or something! Hey if you ever want to LEt me know!

lionsgraphics
12th May 2004, 12:04 AM
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30191
same topic in EVENTS forum.

sure if we can find ppl i'm up for it. but not until like july or so.

yfs87
12th May 2004, 09:03 AM
me come from maryland...possibly, it says 4 hours and 30 min, and i figure i can make a lil better time than that, although dont want a ticket, count me in tho, this could be fun :-D i have nothing better to do during the summer so i proally will

Mattlach
12th May 2004, 09:49 AM
me come from maryland...possibly, it says 4 hours and 30 min, and i figure i can make a lil better time than that, although dont want a ticket, count me in tho, this could be fun :-D i have nothing better to do during the summer so i proally will

Awesome! The more the merrier!

Mattlach
12th May 2004, 09:57 AM
Just a note.

We are assembling a roster and continuing planning in the other thread that lionsgraphics started in the events thread.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30191

If you are still interested, it might be a good idea to head on over there and continue the discussion there!

Stephen Z
12th May 2004, 02:57 PM
Changed Isps and could'nt get a new password becuse i left aol on bad terms the corrupted my xp so i diddnt pay the bill. i'M IN FOR SIX FLAGS, how about a meet like Salisbury beach , Hampton , or even Salem Willows here in Salem :lol: :lol: :lol:

goalkeeper21
12th May 2004, 04:18 PM
Hampton beach sounds great! I love the beach My best friend is down for any meets too, him and I always go on his porsche meets.
Tony

Slaab4life
19th June 2004, 07:35 AM
Anyone from this thread that said they'd like to go, but never visited the 'events' forum to sign up still interested in going? Sign up NOW! ONE MORE WEEK TO GO!!! :cheesy: (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=285276)[/list]

lionsgraphics
20th June 2004, 01:46 PM
Weird, no one else signed up.

Maybe, changed their mind.
[/quote]

Mattlach
20th June 2004, 04:06 PM
Weird, no one else signed up.

Maybe, changed their mind.

Meh Their loss!