saabs in the movies (again) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: saabs in the movies (again)

MRpunchinella
4th May 2004, 04:20 AM
saw secret window yesterday sunday 2 May (Depp), movie - who cares? popcorn.

More importantly - Depps wife is seen driving a 900 in a flash back sequence and a 9.3(think its a diesel)at the end of the movie.

oh yeah, the butler did it...

Saab - no such thing as bad publicity :)

85 900s
4th May 2004, 10:32 PM
In Gothika, Halle berry wrecks a 9-5 wagon about 20 minutes into the movie. Had to rewind and check again to make sure it was a 9-5.

Angua
9th May 2004, 07:48 PM
Have you seen Terminator 3, not much dialogue in first half but good FX. Escaping from the cemetry in a hearse, the hearse bumps an oncoming Saab (poss. early 9000).

Yes we did T3 tonight, and no the TX did not have any taste "I like your car", :roll: it was a Lexus.

squishmann
9th May 2004, 09:32 PM
i still don't understand why GM hasn't had the 9-3SS featured in any movies the matrix R&R and bad boysII were GM movies

garry
9th May 2004, 09:57 PM
What was that 80's film (road movie?) where the bad guy (hit man) was seen zapping about all over in a stealth black T16 ?

I remember falling asleep watching it on the telli once, years before I got serious about SAAB's

It did exist... I diddn't dream it :o honest :-?

Dan1
9th May 2004, 10:31 PM
i still don't understand why GM hasn't had the 9-3SS featured in any movies the matrix R&R and bad boysII were GM movies
because people would much rather see the likes of this (http://theoven.circlesoftus.org:83/Movies/civicreality.wmv) as opposed to a real sporty car. :cheesy:

MRpunchinella
10th May 2004, 04:11 AM
mercury rising - Bruce Wilis, channel 5 last night. two computer geeks meet their boss in a white 9ooo.

:D

Jetset
10th May 2004, 06:25 AM
mercury rising - Bruce Wilis, channel 5 last night. two computer geeks meet their boss in a white 9ooo.

:D

Dam, beat me to it! :cheesy:

Saba
10th May 2004, 07:37 AM
because people would much rather see the likes of this (http://theoven.circlesoftus.org:83/Movies/civicreality.wmv) as opposed to a real sporty car. :cheesy:Crikey! Attack of the Ricers! :o

Oliver
10th May 2004, 01:50 PM
In the new video clip from Unkle a guy gets run over a few times by a dark (black?) T16..

stew
10th May 2004, 02:07 PM
What was that 80's film (road movie?) where the bad guy (hit man) was seen zapping about all over in a stealth black T16 ?

I remember falling asleep watching it on the telli once, years before I got serious about SAAB's

There was a pants late 80's/early 90's film called Teen Agent which featured a hitman in a black 900 t16s. The car was involved in a pursuit until the 'hero' accidently blew it up by firing rockets out the back of his lotus esprit - I kid you not!!

garry
10th May 2004, 04:50 PM

There was a pants late 80's/early 90's film called Teen Agent which featured a hitman in a black 900 t16s. The car was involved in a pursuit until the 'hero' accidently blew it up by firing rockets out the back of his lotus esprit - I kid you not!!

That sounds like it! Teen Agent?... really? :-? :D ./... Must keep that in mind the next time im at a car boot sale.

I only remember the car chase and thinking how cool the T16S looked.

Tomarse
10th May 2004, 06:00 PM
In 'the transporter' theres an old C900 (think it was a 900) which is driven around a fair bit.

Dan1
10th May 2004, 06:41 PM
In 'the transporter' theres an old C900 (think it was a 900) which is driven around a fair bit.
yeah, too bad it looked like it hadn't been washed in 10 years and the movie REALLY sucked... :(

Munki
10th May 2004, 06:55 PM
There's a Silver 9-5 in 'Shiner' - a short (and rubbish) film with Micheal Caine in it.

MSOEMiller
10th May 2004, 09:46 PM
Lot's of Saab driving in "Love Actually"

GearHead
10th May 2004, 10:43 PM
a C900 turbo(it was mint before!) gets shot up in Heat :x :evil: :cry:

BTW I think a volvo get blown up in The Italian Job