SaabCentral Forums banner

Used 9-3 or 9-5?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Silver2.0T 
#1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to post this in the 9-5 section to get some opinions from 9-5 owners. I am currently looking at buying either a used 9-3 or 9-5. Here are the cars I an looking at :
2008 9-3 Aero Xwd V6
2010 9-3 2.0T
2 2011 9-5 Turbo 4's
2008 9-3 SC 2.0T
I'm not too sure of the options on the cars but none of them have NAV. My top pick is currently the 9-3 Aero but these 9-5 are growing on me. I'm a big guy 6'4" tall and the interior room is looking nice on the 9-5. Just wanted to hear from some 9-5 owners on their opinions.
Thanks!
PS: They are all auto trans.

#2 ·
I'm 6'5" 250 and fit just fine in the 2011 9-5. I also was OK in our 2007 9-3's, especially the convertible. With your height, if you need a usable back seat you should go with a 9-5. Nobody could sit behind me in the 9-3. We really like the 9-5. We bought it new and are currently at 35000 miles with no problems other than needing new tires at 30k.

#5 · (Edited)
I replaced a -08 9-3 with a 9-5 -11 ( in late 2010) and I'm happy .
Better interior and better room. But the 9-3 was more of a drivers car, at least for me.
Our 9-5 is an xwd so the grip is better.

If you can, try to find a 9-5 with nav, and not for the nav feature, but for the look of the interior. It makes the intrument facia so much better than the simple dash.

If all 9-5 came with a screen like that, the discusionn of the cheap plastic might have been much less hostile when this car went to market.

Look for a car (if 9-5) that has been serviced during sping 2011. Some buggs was corrected in the cars software at that time.

My wife misses the more nible 9-3. But I am happy with the roomier, more safe andcomfy ride the 9-5 provide.

#6 ·
No offense to any 9-5 owners, but I personally think the lines, looks and rear profile of a 9-3 is much more appealing. Well obviously that is my feeling as that is what I bought, but I can see why other chose the 5 too....just isn't for me though. I feel the 3 is more sporty.

#7 ·
I'm 6'4" 241 lbs and currently have an '11 9-5 and fit super comfortably. Don't even need to put seen back all the way nor do I put steering wheel all the way up. Plenty of knee clearance, which is what I always had an issue with.

Also, the back seats have major leg room and trunk is huge. Gas mileage is also great.

I've had mine for a little over a month.

My cousin has an '08 9-3 aero sportcombi and that sits significantly tighter than my 9-5.

#8 ·
If you want turbo-4 with manual gearbox and front wheel drive another and probably last alternative is the Verano and Regal GS from Buick. New $30-40,000, used I picked up a Turbused Turbo Verano for low $20K range. Quicker than the fastest Saab and very efficient on the highway. Also quieter than the top Lexus according to. Edmund's data.

http://www.buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=146417

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.