Reviews? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Reviews?

Mattlach
30th April 2004, 12:48 PM
Well this far there has been a lot of commotion about the 9-7x (and I am as guilty of this as anyone else) without anyone having any real experience with it at all...

Really all we can comment on with certainty with what we know right now is styling. And if you ask me, styling is for the birds. I want to know how it drives.

So, with that being said, has anyone had any driving experience, or even heard from anyone who has, whith this vehicle?

(even an actual Review would be nice, and not one of those Previews where the motor journalist has done the same deductions from the spec sheet and press releases that we all have in these forums.)

I'm really kinda curious...

--Matt

fabric
30th April 2004, 03:29 PM
Supposed to be release spring 2005, so we can probably expect some reviews in the fall, maybe not till the winter.

Besides, speculating is way more fun. :)

(I think it looks nice, and i'm no SUV fan. That might be a bad sign)

Mattlach
30th April 2004, 04:19 PM
Supposed to be release spring 2005, so we can probably expect some reviews in the fall, maybe not till the winter.

Besides, speculating is way more fun. :)

(I think it looks nice, and i'm no SUV fan. That might be a bad sign)

I'm no SUV fan either, but I am very curious to see what the Saab engineering team could coerce out of that platform.

fabric
30th April 2004, 05:19 PM
I'm no SUV fan either, but I am very curious to see what the Saab engineering team could coerce out of that platform.

There's some promise, but they are starting out with some built in limitations for making a great on-road performing SUV, which was their goal.

I think making a looker might be more important. There's more people than you think who buy cars on looks. After seeing what it looks like, I'm becoming less worried about how it performs relative to it's competitors, because I think it's one of the sharpest looking of its class.

squishmann
1st May 2004, 07:09 PM

There's some promise, but they are starting out with some built in limitations for making a great on-road performing SUV, which was their goal.

I think making a looker might be more important. There's more people than you think who buy cars on looks. After seeing what it looks like, I'm becoming less worried about how it performs relative to it's competitors, because I think it's one of the sharpest looking of its class.

ypu are correct, people by cars based on looks

i sold six cars this week and 5 people purchased them based on their looks

mike saunders
4th May 2004, 04:47 PM
I haven't seen the lists of suspension changes between the 9-7 and the Chevy Trailblazer, but I rented a 2003 Trailblazer twice in the past year...Verdict: Loved the power, hated the handling. (Although it handled MUCH better than a Chevy Tracker I previously rented.)

Mattlach
4th October 2004, 05:23 PM
Any update here?

has anyone seen any real reviews where the reviewer has actually driven it yet?

Lodro
4th October 2004, 05:40 PM
Nope...but I would tyhink we should begin to see it soon. Perhpas then the mystery of the magically appearing independent rear will be solved..

Architosh
5th February 2005, 02:43 PM
ypu are correct, people by cars based on looks

i sold six cars this week and 5 people purchased them based on their looks

What kind of cars do you sell? Because some brands are more about looks than others so that can explain a lot. I think Saab is one of those "looks" brands but also a real driving experience brand as well, similar to Volvo for Life mentality.

Speaking of Volvo, they seem to selling a lot more cars since their new look emerged with the S80 and redesigned V70 wagon.

TC
5th February 2005, 05:32 PM
Volvo sales are down all across the model range except the XC90.