the end [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: the end

clg31187
28th April 2004, 08:22 PM
All good things must come to an end,

my green 1992 9000T got smashed by a utility van today. I am sore, but ok. The car did not do as well, both rear wheels are folded under the car, and the rear suspension is hanging loose on one side, and the drivers side is all dented up. I guess my poor car sacraficed itself for me.

I am now left with the options of: Parting out the car, pulling my engine+tranny and transplanting into a car with a good body, buying another 9000, or maybe something else. Either way, a bunch of free parts will be available soon if you are in the new england area.

Christophe

SaabScott
28th April 2004, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear that you walked away ... even if your car didn't.

Make sure you take some time and get some real rest.
You may find that tomorrow is much worse.

And be thankful that you were driving a Saab ...

Please let us know how you are in a day or so ... and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Willy Wonka
28th April 2004, 09:47 PM
Glad you're ok. How about using your engine etal. into another 9000. I may know of some near Boston.

Paco
29th April 2004, 06:47 AM
Glad you're in one piece, it's a noble end for a fine vehicle!

greenphotos
29th April 2004, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad you are ok, I hope the van drivers insurance is paying up.
What car would you get? Judging by how safe you were in the accident, I would reckon another Saab would be the best choice.

Mark
:cheesy:

clg31187
29th April 2004, 09:52 PM
I certainly believe in the security and saftey of driving a 9000. When the police officer was looking at my car he said, "It looks like you were lucky that the car got hit in the back otherwise you would have been badly hurt." I showed him the backseats of the car and how nothing had even entered the cabin, his reply, "wow, I've never seen a car like this"

I would love to use my engine in another car, however finding one would be the problem(wonka I'm sending you a pm). I know that the engine will only mate to a 91-92 tranny, but would my engine and tranny combination fit into a 93-98?

I will probably be looking for a 9000 Aero or maybe 1991 without TCS. I'm even considering(gasp :o ) a bmw 535.

Christophe

MonkeyMan
29th April 2004, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear you're ok man...accidents like that are always a bit...taxing. :o

Well think of it this way...you have a golden opportunity to step up to a nimble, youthful C900!

BEN

valbowski1980
29th April 2004, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear that you are ok man. Safety is something that is often taken for granted. My buddy's mom complained about his 9000 until it saved her life. Sorry about your car as well, check out an Aero 9K if you can, I hear they are fun.

PaulH
29th April 2004, 10:59 PM
I'm even considering(gasp :o ) a bmw 535.

ewww a beemer. don't do it, you might regret it, and they arent anywhere near as safe as ANY saab. dont go making any rash decisions in your current state, i think you may be in shock :lol: .

good to know you're ok.

Paul

yfs87
30th April 2004, 07:59 AM
good to hear you are ok, looks like the saab performed its task as it was meant to, it didnt walk away, but you did, and thats what really matters 8)

Well think of it this way...you have a golden opportunity to step up to a nimble, youthful C900!

BEN

and i second monkeyman's opinion, C900's are where its at :-)

Mattlach
30th April 2004, 08:38 AM
All good things must come to an end,

my green 1992 9000T got smashed by a utility van today. I am sore, but ok. The car did not do as well, both rear wheels are folded under the car, and the rear suspension is hanging loose on one side, and the drivers side is all dented up. I guess my poor car sacraficed itself for me.

I am now left with the options of: Parting out the car, pulling my engine+tranny and transplanting into a car with a good body, buying another 9000, or maybe something else. Either way, a bunch of free parts will be available soon if you are in the new england area.

Christophe

Thats too bad man. Glad you're OK.

As Saabscott said, you're lucky you were in a Saab.

clg31187
30th April 2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your support, right now I am actually driving an 86 900s. I almost forgot how much fun the C900's are to drive.

So far I have scratched the bmw off of my list, so I am looking into finding a good body for my engine and tranny. Then again, an aero or spg would be nice if I locate one in the area.

If I end up getting another car what parts should I sell off of the 92? I would just give away things that are not going to be worth much, so I will focus on the big stuff. I have made a little list, tell me if anything on it is not worth selling, as well as what I may have missed.
Wheels+tires
All of the ECU's
Throttle body
TCS Sensors
AMM
Di Cassette
Window Switch Pack
ACC
Turbocharger
Bov
Starter
Alternator
Exhaust

Christophe

Stefano
30th April 2004, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear you're ok, evenif I feel the pain for your car. Do you have any pics of the wrecked lafe-saver?

clg31187
30th April 2004, 08:37 PM
I'll try to get some, it got moved to my mechanics shop today and I am going to head over some time in the next few days. Its really a sorry sight, getting hit by the van put the car into a spin and it went about 270 degrees around before jumping the curb and getting stuck in the grass on the side of the road. The van took out a light pole which of course landed on my hood.

Christophe

clg31187
12th May 2004, 11:05 PM
I have pulled the parts that I want to sell off of the green 92. My mechanic has the engine and tranny which he intends to put in to a project 9000 which should have a huge turbo and be very fast.(at least my drivetrain ends up going towards a good cause)

I think I have found two potential cars, a black 1993 aero with around 100k on it and another 1992T(also black) with 160k on it that seems to really have been taken care of. The 92 will obviously cost much less so I am leaning towards it. What should I look out for on a 9000 with that many miles. I inclueded a pic of the 1992. :D

Christophe

rally900
13th May 2004, 12:51 AM
glad to hear the drivetrain is going to a good cause. but...

if it doesn't end up getting used for that i am currently looking for an engine for my 91 9000t.

glad to hear you're ok too. that's the most important thing!

james
team saabworks

yfs87
14th May 2004, 08:05 AM
least you didnt get suddenly inspired to scratch saab from the drawing board and go buy a honda civic and 'pimp' it out...lol...we could never forgive you :wink: 8)