Help me I am New to Saab [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help me I am New to Saab

ruffhouse
27th April 2004, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone, I just got my first car. It is a 99 black 9-5 sedan. It has the 3.0 turbo. The car is mint I got it with 42500 miles on it. I was wondering if you guys could direct me to any websites that offer performance mods for the car. Are there any other clear coners that are made that are less than $200? Also are saabs anything like volvo? Saabs are new to my family, my Dad has a 97 850 turbo that is heavily moded so he seems to know them very well. Thanks for your help and anyother tips would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

Krafty
27th April 2004, 02:32 PM
Check out www.genuinesaab.com. They're the premier parts place in the U.S. it seems.

As far as parts for the 3.0, I'm affraid their aren't many. Almost all of the parts available are for the good old 2.3 which is the only engine availabe on the later models. The 3.0 was discontinued.

Enjoy the new ride!!

Simon
27th April 2004, 03:03 PM
If your after an ECU upgrade the BSR PPC system is cheaper here...

http://www.partsforsaabs.com

TPK
27th April 2004, 03:31 PM
Welcome aboard!

Ive been going thru modding up my 99 9-5 also...

Has been a lot of fun so far!

Chris 9-5
3rd May 2004, 09:44 AM
Sadly there are fewer mods for the 3.0 V6 available :cry:

Have a look at www.partsforsaabs.com maybe start with your air filter. Remember though if you uprate brakes and suspension you will carry more speed into and out of corners as well as have a more composed ride, this is worth a good few Hp............no point in having 400hp if you cant go round corners! :cheesy: