Electronic Boost Control? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Electronic Boost Control?

neapleaze
25th April 2004, 01:37 AM
Some cars like the VW... that have installed an Electronic Boost Controller function for the worse... has anybody tried installing one such as the Greddy Profec or the APexi AVC-R and if so does it increase HP and is it good, or is it all a mess?

neapleaze
25th April 2004, 01:38 AM
i forgot to put in what type of car... its for the 2004 Saab 9-3

SS
25th April 2004, 04:46 AM
Well you are in the new saab 9-3 forum :cheesy: . To answer your question, i dont think that they have these out for our car yet!

oslowley
25th April 2004, 10:38 AM
VW's use a turbo system setup similar to the saabs and when stock using any type of boost controller wether electronic or manual is an exercise in futility, that being said however when computer upgrades are done there is wiggle room so a boost controller can probably be used with one caveat. I tried to do an MBC but while it raised the boost in the first 2 gears it capped all the gears off at 17psi where I was seeing 20plus before in the upper gears, suffice it to say that was a no go. The electronic controls however "should" be able to raise the boost in gears 1, 2 (remeber there is boost limitations due to traction in 1 and 2)and keep the high boost for the rest of the gears. I didn't think getting that extra bit was worth the $300-$400 outlay.

neapleaze
25th April 2004, 06:01 PM
thanks for the feedback... so since it seems like a BOV and a boost controller would be pretty much a no go.. what can i do to boost my speed for my car?

neapleaze
25th April 2004, 06:05 PM
to be more specific... how can i increase faster acceleration, exhaust? only thing i can really think of... :-??