Rumour mill? Dealer installed Hirsch upgrades [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Rumour mill? Dealer installed Hirsch upgrades

rando67
25th April 2004, 01:50 AM
I don't know if there was previous mention about this topic but a while ago I asked the head mechanic about Hirsch upgrades. He said that Saab USA was considering making it available at the dealerships.

It is my guess this would help support Hircsh, Saab's partner, and also to generate more revenue for the dealerships. Most likely they wouldn't get overwhelmed with this type of work because it would be only those of us that would have enough money to spend and such huge Saab fans to have it done (to even know about it).

Even better, it wouldn't tamper with our warrenty since it is a sanctioned upgrade.

Anyone else hear the same?

moz
25th April 2004, 06:14 AM
I have actually heard the same thing from a few people, didn't say anything because it's all heresay until we see something solid in the form of a press release etc. :D

Promising though!

squishmann
25th April 2004, 08:33 AM
it's not even fully rolled out in europe. i think the issue with hirsch are their prices.

i would love to see it, that would make me grab a 9-5

Saba
25th April 2004, 11:50 AM
AUX, Navi and Bluetooth would generate much more revenue for the dealers than Hirsch. Saab USA (and Saab Australia) is also considering AUX and Navi and Bluetooth (well bluetooth has finally arrived here and actually Saab Australia is NOT considering AUX at all, "Can't be done" they said, "Different EHU to the rest of the world", B*llocks! They didn't believe me when I said I had it done.). Don't hold your breath.

ChadJ99
26th April 2004, 04:27 PM
I e-mailed Hirsch last week to inquire about the 2 different upgrades planned/offered for the 9-3 Aero.

I would have posted the e-mail, but now I can't seem to find it :oops: .. But it basically said. Thanks for your inquiry, and currently there are no upgrades for the USA market, but Hirsch does expect to have the 2 options available to US consumers sometime this year. They added that Hirsch will be the only ECU mod "approved" by SAAB...

SO it sounds promising :D ... now I have time to save the 3200 Euros it's going to cost...

rando67
26th April 2004, 09:08 PM
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! :P

I would have posted the e-mail, but now I can't seem to find it

If you happen to find it, please post it.

ChadJ99
27th April 2004, 12:28 PM
I have a PDF the Hirsch guy send me, How do I post it?

rando67
27th April 2004, 01:09 PM

Just as I was posting a reply, I read the link that has the 'Allowed Extensions and Sizes' for this web site.

There are three options:
1) zip the pdf file and upload it in the reply to this post (it has to be less then 60KB).
2) Take a screen capture of the page(s) and upload it as an image in either jpg/jpeg or gif format (again it has to be less then 60KB per image). If using Windows its a function key with the screen capture key and then paste it into a image software and save as in the appropriate format.
3) copy & paste the text from the PDF file and just indicate what was from them. Most folks make the text in italics to accent what was delivered in writing.

I appreciate it! :D
Just watch the counter and see how many ofther folks appreciate too.

ChadJ99
29th April 2004, 04:55 PM
Increase in Performance
Regardless of whether you decided on the Hirsch Performance 230 HP engine or
252 HP engine, both versions have an immense power and release unexpected
resources of power in your 9-3 Aero. At the same time all engine-related data is
always in the green! The first step with 230 HP and 350 Nm torque includes an
engine software consistently adjusted to a fuel quality of 98 octane. The result is
an extremely harmonious development of power with a high torque even just
above the idling speed.
With the second step, your Saab 9-3 Aero even achieves an impressive 252 HP and
the torque increases to 370 Nm. The kit consists of a complete exhaust system in
stainless steel from the catalytic converter onwards, a greatly enlarged intercooler
and an engine software tuned to the new conditions. You will not only be inspired
by the driving performance, the sound of the exhaust is also bewitching. Both
variants are also available with automatic transmission!

Saab 9-3 Aero Step 1 (230 HP/350 Nm)
*Man. *Aut.
0100 km/h, sec. 6.9 7.1
0200 km/h, sec. 26.5 26.5
60100 km/h
in 4th gear, sec. 5.5
80120 km/h
in 5th gear, sec. 8.4
V-max
(limited) km/h 250 250
*applies to Sport Sedan, 5 gear
*Man. *Aut.
0100 km/h, sec. 6.5 6.6
0200 km/h, sec. 23.5 23.5
60100 km/h
in 4th gear, sec. 5.1
80120 km/h
in 5th gear, sec. 8.1
V-max
(limited) km/h 250 250
*applies to Sport Sedan, 5 gear

moz
29th April 2004, 05:31 PM
Interesting, I'm glad I kept my options open to this point.

If Hirsch does somehow end up being approved by Saab USA, I'll be all over this. Hopefully, I can use my existing catback and just get the software and intercooler.

squishmann
30th April 2004, 09:08 AM

Just as I was posting a reply, I read the link that has the 'Allowed Extensions and Sizes' for this web site.

There are three options:
1) zip the pdf file and upload it in the reply to this post (it has to be less then 60KB).
2) Take a screen capture of the page(s) and upload it as an image in either jpg/jpeg or gif format (again it has to be less then 60KB per image). If using Windows its a function key with the screen capture key and then paste it into a image software and save as in the appropriate format.
3) copy & paste the text from the PDF file and just indicate what was from them. Most folks make the text in italics to accent what was delivered in writing.

I appreciate it! :D
Just watch the counter and see how many ofther folks appreciate too.

How about I just e-mail it to you.

rando67
30th April 2004, 12:23 PM
How about I just e-mail it to you.

Cool thanks. I am sending you a pm with my e-mail address.

Would it be okay for me to post it on the forum?

squishmann
1st May 2004, 07:35 PM
check u'r e-mail

rando67
2nd May 2004, 12:21 AM
Hey Folks, here it is!
It's namely Trionic T7 & T5. No Trionic T8 listed. I personally am looking for those.

My understanding is the following:
Trionic T7 Saab 9-3 2000-(onward)
Trionic T8 Saab 9-3 SS (Aero) 2003-(onward)

Not sure, then look here for reference: http://engstrom.net/

Thanks to squishmann for providing the list.

M4Gunner
2nd May 2004, 04:30 AM
umm, i hope those prices were converted wrong, because those are VERY pricey!

Saba
2nd May 2004, 10:19 AM
Yes for the cost of a Stage 3 upgrade, rims, tyres, seats, suspension, dash and a few other bits and pieces you could just about buy a new 9-3 :nono;

imasmokeyou
2nd May 2004, 12:48 PM
Yes for the cost of a Stage 3 upgrade, rims, tyres, seats, suspension, dash and a few other bits and pieces you could just about buy a new 9-3 :nono;

yeah because you are practically changing the entire car

Saba
2nd May 2004, 08:03 PM

yeah because you are practically changing the entire carWouldn't get to far without an engine, tranny, body and a myriad of other things. :cheesy:

Sol
3rd May 2004, 06:03 AM
Saba ,
Don't look only on the price. You can't buy BMW for a Rover price.
I wrote many times already but I can confirm again, you get what you paid for.
I have been driving with Hirsch for a 5000 km now and even cost me more I will use them again.

Saba
3rd May 2004, 07:37 AM
Saba ,
Don't look only on the price. You can't buy BMW for a Rover price.
I wrote many times already but I can confirm again, you get what you paid for.
I have been driving with Hirsch for a 5000 km now and even cost me more I will use them again.You miss my point about the price. they are ludicrous, you are paying Rolls Royce prices for a BMW. I too believe in the adage you get what you pay for and will pay a fair price for a fair product. But with Hirsch I believe you are getting far less than what you pay for. I have no doubts that the Hirsch upgrade is the more superior upgrade, but I just don't think it is worth it.

There's no way in the world a T8 ECM upgrade, intercooler and cat back is worth 3200 EUR (EXCLUDING VAT and INSTALLATION COSTS).

just my 0.02