Bumper Strips [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Bumper Strips

sjhudon
23rd April 2004, 03:03 PM
I am working on a new project, I need to take those side bumper strips off... Just wanted to ask the people who replaced theirs with the europe version how they come off? looks pretty easy.

To Clearify I mean the ones on the front side bumper, the orange ones..

SS
23rd April 2004, 04:23 PM
First of all, you have to watch out with what you are removing them. Use some sort of a removal took so you wont scratch the paint. Second, start peeling them off from the corner next to the orange relfectors. The first couple of clips is gonna be a bit hard. You might feel like you are breaking something, but dont worry. The rest will come off easy.

One more thing, the first couple of clips you take off, dont forget that you have to unplug the light that goes in the orange relfectors! Hope this helps!

sjhudon
23rd April 2004, 05:10 PM
First of all, you have to watch out with what you are removing them. Use some sort of a removal took so you wont scratch the paint. Second, start peeling them off from the corner next to the orange relfectors. The first couple of clips is gonna be a bit hard. You might feel like you are breaking something, but dont worry. The rest will come off easy.

One more thing, the first couple of clips you take off, dont forget that you have to unplug the light that goes in the orange relfectors! Hope this helps!

I'm going to need the light... but thanks for the tips.. what kind of tool did you use?

SS
23rd April 2004, 06:46 PM
You gonna laugh if i tell you! I am not sure how it is where you live, but in montreal, every building has a special magnetic card that justifies your entrance to the building. Its hard enough, so i used that as a removal tool :cheesy:

sjhudon
23rd April 2004, 06:51 PM
You gonna laugh if i tell you! I am not sure how it is where you live, but in montreal, every building has a special magnetic card that justifies your entrance to the building. Its hard enough, so i used that as a removal tool :cheesy:

Hey I was thinkin the same thing, i have a credit card size card to get into my parking structure... sounds like a removal tool to me! :cheesy:

SS
23rd April 2004, 06:53 PM
LOL, Oh it will work just fine!!! What sort of a project are you working on if you need that little bulb, or is it a surprise?

sjhudon
23rd April 2004, 06:56 PM
I am going to take those lens off and smoke them and clearcoat them, see how that looks. I'm also working on getting some custom clear strips fabracated out of Florida, i'll see how these turn out before I go ahead with that though.

SS
23rd April 2004, 07:20 PM
Sounds like fun! Goodluck!