Saabaru [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saabaru

RallySaab=68=
21st April 2004, 02:01 PM
Since the Saab 9-2x mates Saab to Subaru I had a funny thought...

Subaru Boxster Engine in a 900? Has this crossed anyone elses mind or am I just crazy. :o I was just wondering if such a thing was possible. AWD in a 900 would be insaine.

yfs87
21st April 2004, 04:03 PM
yes it would be, but being front wheel drive you would need to cut the entire frame in half for the driveshaft, and reinforce it somewhere other than where the drive train would be.
again...awsome...but far from worth it, it would be reallllly hard, but....as metioned totally awsome 8) :cheesy:

Matthew
21st April 2004, 04:47 PM
I doubt the C900 engine bay has sufficient free width for the flat-four Subaru engine.

The 9-2X is more of a re-skinned Scoob than the fusion of Subaru and Saab mechanical technology.

ejenner
25th April 2004, 06:23 AM
Quite like the idea of the Saabaru.

Used to drive my dad's scooby before and that was fantastic. But the interior sucked as much as an interior possibly could, the seats were a bit sporty (and felt a bit cheap) and the exterior styling was also a bit pants.

A luxury Subaru would be quite nice.

Orca
25th April 2004, 10:27 AM
Matt Faulks was mooting the idea over on alt.autos.saab - I gather the WRX engine and drivetrain would fit in very easily.

saab90089
25th April 2004, 11:05 AM
My friend has what we call the 2nd saabaru.

The 1st is a Viggen yellow 2.5RS and my friend has a 2.2ltr which we converted to a 2.5RS, to do this we had to use a saab idle air controler. Hence the 2nd saabaru.

Ian