Insurance for modified Saabs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Insurance for modified Saabs

stuart_mc
21st April 2004, 05:20 AM
how about making this post a sticky with a listing of insurers who cater for modded saabs at a reasonable price :-??

I'm sure it would be of benefit to people come renewal time :cheesy:

Paco
21st April 2004, 05:28 AM
Adrian Flux 08700 692202, they took all my mods for a very small loading to the premium, and I believe they have stopped loading policies for speeding points, according to a recent magazine article.......

Simon
21st April 2004, 05:33 AM
I recently got a quote from Adrian Flux and they are the cheapest so far...

Cuba
21st April 2004, 06:50 AM
Better watch that Adrian doesn't flux on outa town with your cash
He'll flux his way on to a Boeing 747
slide into a hammock and watch the ebb and flow of the briney
while the ladies scream as he flux it up rough

greenphotos
21st April 2004, 07:18 AM
Adrian Flux won't insure under 25yr olds :-(

Any idea who will insure people with 6 points - cheaply :roll:

Mark
:cheesy:

jnorris
21st April 2004, 07:24 AM
Try Chris Knott 0800 917 2274 - they gave me a decent price. Mind you I am over 25 and haven't got 6 points but they might be worth a look.

Alex
21st April 2004, 07:48 AM
it might be worth trying Liverpool & Victoria or Frizzels. They don't apply any loading for modifications (but won't insure at all if the engine capacity has been increased).

Needs to be a phone quote as for some reason the web site states no modifications. :o

Jezzadee
21st April 2004, 09:16 AM
I'm with Footman James. I think they have a website, but IIRC it only has a phone number on it to call. Anyway, they offered me a better quote than any of the above.

GearHead
21st April 2004, 10:47 AM
Anybody in the usa?

ZARS
21st April 2004, 11:07 AM
I'm with Chris Knott, they seem reasonable and are helpful.

Johann F
21st April 2004, 11:32 AM
Chris Knott - 5 cheaper when I moved from Tottenham to Chiswick :oops: - not sure they are the cheapest but they offer agreed value through lancaster which gives you a kind of peace of mind - The cheapest premium may not be worth anything if you make a claim.

Tomarse
21st April 2004, 03:37 PM

Did they tell you this? - They insure me and im 23!

I've got a 900 insured with them at the moment, and they'll insure my 99T as soon as i get it on the road. I've had a couple of landrovers with them too.

stuart_mc
21st April 2004, 07:00 PM
Can we have an insurers list as a sticky then?

Will be useful all year round to members :cheesy:

greenphotos
22nd April 2004, 03:30 AM

Did they tell you this? - They insure me and im 23!

They did, It's because my 9000 Aero is in the 17/18 insurance group 8)
Aero- Not so good for the wallet, but great for the thrills.

Mark

Tomarse
22nd April 2004, 03:59 AM

How much do you pay for that? I thought that paying for a normal/lower group car was bad enough!

You can knock footman james off your list of people to ring too. You have to be over 25 for their insurance too unless its ex-military (which your aero probably isnt!). Cheap for ex-military stuff though! - I'm insuring a V8 Landrover ambulance, and the renweal just came through for 156 (down from about 210 last year)

greenphotos
22nd April 2004, 06:24 AM

How much do you pay for that? I thought that paying for a normal/lower group car was bad enough!

The insurance is about 700per year :evil: . 150 excess.
Even though I've done PassPlus and 3 advanced drivers courses. I'm going to do the ROSPA ones next.

My current insurance (Tescos) said that I didn't have to put my points on the insurance till the end of the year - which will be when I stop using Tescos I think :roll:

Mark

nutcase
22nd April 2004, 06:40 AM
My normal insurance is with HIC, who with CIS have always been WAY under everyone else. I always pit teh two against each other at renewal time and usually get a fiar bit knocked off :)

The 99's insured with Adrian Flux. Havn't opened the docs yet tho' :oops: but then I just got back from the US and have slept for something like 13 hours!

ZARS
22nd April 2004, 11:16 AM
I'm with Chris Knott at the moment and I have'nt yet had a full quote for the year for my 9000 aero as I boght it in January and transferred the policy over from my T16S. However I think it's going to be in the region of 1,000 :o Unfortunately I live in one of the bad postcode areas of London and the car is on the street, 29 years old with full NCB but 3 points. I may try Adrian Flux as I'll be having a Maptune Stage 3 kit installed soon 8)

PS, how lnog do points stay on a licence?

Tone_Depear
22nd April 2004, 11:32 AM
AXA insure me for 450 a year fully comp, including tp driving other cars.

I'm 22 with 2 years NCB. No points any more though, which is good.

She's a 2.0 FPT CS 9k. The next best quote I had was 800+

Simon
26th April 2004, 01:04 PM
I went with http://www.greenlightinsurance.com/ in the end. Wasn't much between them and Adrian Flux...

tandino
26th April 2004, 04:13 PM
Im with Frizells - pay 400 a year fully comp with 'drive other cars' (D.O.C) all modifications disclosed, class 1 business use and 150 excess.
Today i just added another vehicle temporarily to my policy (1 week) and they didnt even charge me :! - excellent service methinks....

Pete.

ragtopcav
26th April 2004, 05:54 PM
I've just changed to Frizzells too, save 100 on anyone else, must speak to them tomorrow about the Cavalier too, when I recieved the documents there was a footnote about ringing them for a deal if I have other vehicles, we shall see, and I'll report back.

stuart_mc
14th May 2004, 06:08 PM
Im with Frizells - pay 400 a year fully comp with 'drive other cars' (D.O.C) all modifications disclosed, class 1 business use and 150 excess.
Today i just added another vehicle temporarily to my policy (1 week) and they didnt even charge me :! - excellent service methinks....

Pete.

What's their number?

Ken
14th May 2004, 06:27 PM
Just renewed the T8 for 380, Mr Flux again, 28 yrs old & 6 yrs NCB though.
On the temporary car theme, when I picked up the 99 last year, I tacked it on to the 9k's DirectLine insurance for 8 quid for the week. Mind you I only paid three times that for the car!