which xenons bulbs are recommended [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: which xenons bulbs are recommended

FeFyFo
19-04-04, 10:06 AM
There are a lot of HID conversion kits that are being offered on Ebay. I know a few of you guys must have done the conversion. Which ones are recommended? Which bulbs are the front runners? I hear Philips, sylvania, etc...Also, some kits offer higher output...5k,6k,8k, and even 10000k...which one of those are most similar to stocks HID's on 9-3s'.

FeFyFo
19-04-04, 10:11 AM
I am replying to my own post...stock HID's are about 4100k.

M4Gunner
19-04-04, 10:11 AM
honestly, i dont think anyone HAS does a HID conversion. most already have them, and those who dont, dont because we dont have the money to throw at the car right now! or... theres option 3, those who dont, and they are putting money towards something more useful. PPC, wheels etc.

FeFyFo
19-04-04, 10:16 AM
There are actually cheaper than you might think. 3 to 4 hundred US dollar tops. That's no bad considering what you get in regards to safety and the aesthically pleasing look of High intensities.

M4Gunner
19-04-04, 10:20 AM
3-4 hundred for GOOD parts that arent going to melt? and do they work on this car?

USNA '00
19-04-04, 10:20 AM
And without levelers, you're sure to blind every driver who comes your way. I doubt you will be able to use anything but the saab kit because the low and high beams both come from the same xenon light. the aperture opens wider when you pull the stalk. HID "kits" are for ricers. If you wanted xenons, why didn't you get them in the first place? Or just find a way to get the oem lights.

FeFyFo
19-04-04, 10:31 AM
They do work on our 9-3's. They also offer 1yr warranty on the bulbs. Blinding oncoming traffic can be resolve from aiming the lights properly. Not all cars have self-leveling so that's not a strong argument against the conversion kits. Why didn't I get them in the first place? That's what I want to know from the big wigs over at Saab for not offering them on the Linears.

M4Gunner
19-04-04, 10:34 AM
if went HID, id go factory meself. "anything else is just uncivilized." ahh.. gotta love outta work athletes doing right guard commercials!

FeFyFo
19-04-04, 10:39 AM
Ideally, everyone should prefer OEMs' when it comes to HIDs'. Unfortunately, they do cost a few pretty pennies. I'm not a ricer and my intention was not to debate over why or why not anyone would opt for the aftermarket. I just want to know if anyone has tried them and if they can offer any recommendations on which bulbs they have used.

M4Gunner
19-04-04, 10:58 AM
fair enuf! revert back to my first post then. :wink:

suyoungman
19-04-04, 06:04 PM
i did the conversion to my car. it's a 7000k. but personally, i really like the 6000k conversions. i believe they're the least blueish, and light up the roads the best. i'm actually plannin on puttin in 6000k bulbs once either of my bulbs go out.

M4Gunner
19-04-04, 06:19 PM
what kinda car do you have?

suyoungman
21-04-04, 07:43 PM
2003 9-3 SS Vector auto