1996 Aero HO???? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 1996 Aero HO????

Gooseguy84
27-06-02, 08:55 PM
I just recently aquired a 1996 Saab 9000 Aero. Some one in the lounge section said that the HO car had a turbo guage in the dash. Is this correct, and if so i am wondering what features came with the HO, beucase my car does have the guage in the dash. Thanks, and this is my forst saab so i will probably have lots more questions. Thanks again.
Brian

9000Carlsson
28-06-02, 07:27 AM
Me again!

Not sure on the US versions, though believe they are the same power as UK versions. In the UK, Low Output turbo's (or LPT - Light Pressure Turbo's) were avialable and did not have the boost gauge - as per my previous CS 2.0 LPT.

If the US is the same, you should have 225BHP 2.3 Full Pressure Turbo, giving you mid range times of around 5 seconds for 40-60mph in 4th and 50-70 in 5th gear.

The Aero has lowered suspension (30mm), Aero 16 inch Alloys with 205 tyres, rear spoiler. Other than that I'm getting stuck.

Never owned an Aero, as far as the trim goes believe they came with Leather, Cruise, ABS (TCS?), Air Con or Climate plus all the standard heated seats, electrics etc.

See this page http://www.electricbbs.com/saab/ for more info on the Aero.

Easy to upgrade performance wise too. :grin:

Kevin Mc

Jason_9000CD23T
30-06-02, 03:44 PM
Yeah definitely should have a gauge, either your cars been rebadged or has had a replacement HUD. Well I reckon anyway.

:smile:

Jason.

JeremyFrost
03-07-02, 04:20 PM
You'll know if it's an Aero if it goes ballistic when the turbo kicks in! 0-60 in 6.7s, but feels a lot faster. The Aero also has curved sports seats, sculpted in the rear, making it almost impossible to fold the rear seats down. Also, Aero has a black dash as standard, rather than the normal walnut that seems to come with the lower spec cars. Certainly, UK Aero's have a APC boost control.