PPC upgrades info + help [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: PPC upgrades info + help

ttuurrbboo
18th April 2004, 04:38 PM
Hey all,

im thinking about PPC upgrade now. Is there anyone who already did that? There are not enough info on the PPC sites. I just want to know what all happens after you upgrade including all pro & contra, what about exact performance, engine life, other parts life, consumption and all such things.

Thanks anyone for any info.

SS
18th April 2004, 05:16 PM
Hey all,

im thinking about PPC upgrade now. Is there anyone who already did that? There are not enough info on the PPC sites. I just want to know what all happens after you upgrade including all pro & contra, what about exact performance, engine life, other parts life, consumption and all such things.

Thanks anyone for any info.

To start: the ppc is wonderful. I have installed it on my car and to power difference is definately noticable. My car now screams at second gear. I and some of the others on this website believe we got more than we expected to get, performance wise. Its the best one grand you will ever spend. About the engine life and other parts, it will of course put pressure on the engine, and parts, but the car will handle it. The stock parts on our cars can handle the extra power. BSR tuned a 9-3 with the PPC and tested it for a great number of miles with no problem. I mean its BSR after all, and they have been in the tuning business for a while, so there is no need to be worried. Every once in a while, they will email you and let you in on the latest updates they have made which will allow you to keep your car's performance software up-to-date!

Personally, i was and still am a bit worried about tuning the ECU of my car, but i view it this way; i have power when i need it. I dont drive like a maniac, thus i dont put much pressure on the car with the PPC installed!

Some people have noticed even better consumption with the PPC installed. I am still waiting until its summer here so i can tell a little more about consumption.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! 8)

EDIT: One more thing. Upon installation, you might experience stuff like traction control failure and stability control failure. I flipped when i saw these messages appear on the SID before i learned from the rest of the guys here that its something normal!

CallipNCSUsaab
20th April 2004, 02:28 PM
how often do you get updates via email, or have you ever?

And by that did you mean for YOUR car, or just stuff they are working on for future reference?

SS
23rd April 2004, 03:30 PM
I dont think we will get these updates very often. But who ever purchases a PPC from BSR will have a login page in the BSR website, and whenever they have something available, they will contact you via email so you can download it to the PPC.

No, i didnt mean my own car, its for everyone!

EDIT: Until now, i havent recieved anything!

fs24
19th May 2004, 01:47 AM
One more thing. Upon installation, you might experience stuff like traction control failure and stability control failure. I flipped when i saw these messages appear on the SID before i learned from the rest of the guys here that its something normal!

Do these errors go away after a while ?

RED
19th May 2004, 03:01 AM
Is there anyone who already did that?

You know, I might usually advise doing a search rather than repeat (very) often asked questions, but for this subject you don't have to work even that hard! Simply review the subject headings on last few pages of this tuning forum, and you will find (surprise!) that this is one of the most popular subjects of the last several months!

Tons of info, in detail, with data, all just waiting for you. :cheesy:

SS
19th May 2004, 04:27 AM
One more thing. Upon installation, you might experience stuff like traction control failure and stability control failure. I flipped when i saw these messages appear on the SID before i learned from the rest of the guys here that its something normal!

Do these errors go away after a while ?

In my case, you have to turn off the car, take out the key and the turn it back on! Then they're gone!

DIM
23rd May 2004, 05:17 AM
When do you think is the best time -in terms of mileage- to tune it with PPC?
Mine has 2,500 kms and rolling..........

Saba
23rd May 2004, 09:59 AM
You guys with the 1.8t'a must be off the planet over the PPC. I got the 2.0t and was blown away by the improvement. I can only imagine the boost you guys are getting. It would be double what I got.

Dave N
24th May 2004, 04:16 PM
Saba, Ive just over the weekend installed it on my 1.8t Vector. The car now has the omph to go with the body colour sills and 5 spoke 17's! Tried it out on a run to the coast on Saturday. despite the traffic I could see instantly the improvement in boost. Id previously installed a JR filter so I was used to the "coke bottle sound" induction noise. The turbo which with the original software I was lucky to here, now whistles like a demented Kettle once the revs begin to build! To be honest It scared me a little at first, the acceleration was that sharp.Having had a few days to get used to it, I wish now Id done it sooner. Did you get the impression that the turbo kicks in a little later than before on your 2.0t? Im sure mine does, but when it arrives now it does so with a vengence. best mod ever!! :cheesy:

Saba
24th May 2004, 06:44 PM
Saba, Ive just over the weekend installed it on my 1.8t Vector. The car now has the omph to go with the body colour sills and 5 spoke 17's! Tried it out on a run to the coast on Saturday. despite the traffic I could see instantly the improvement in boost. Id previously installed a JR filter so I was used to the "coke bottle sound" induction noise. The turbo which with the original software I was lucky to here, now whistles like a demented Kettle once the revs begin to build! To be honest It scared me a little at first, the acceleration was that sharp.Having had a few days to get used to it, I wish now Id done it sooner. Did you get the impression that the turbo kicks in a little later than before on your 2.0t? Im sure mine does, but when it arrives now it does so with a vengence. best mod ever!! :cheesy:yes there is a bit of lag with the turbo. The delivery is a bit more exponential than linear now. My dyno results also confirm that.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28268
In the lower rpm's (<2400) the PPC actually performs lower than stock (marginally).