19 Inch rims on the new 9-3 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 19 Inch rims on the new 9-3

JSBing430
15th April 2004, 03:00 PM
Hey I've been thinking about getting rims for my vector and I've been told by many people that 19s are going to change the ride n cause problems to the car itself. Does any one have 19s on their saab??? Is there a major change in the ride??? Will it cause problems to the car???

moz
15th April 2004, 03:07 PM
I think oslowley is the only one who has 19s but recently said the change in pickup and ride comfort in going back to 17s was significant. You'll certainly notice the quality in ride comfort and road noise going to 19s - depends on whether it's worth it to you and what the conditions are like where you drive.

I went for 18s with some good high performance all-seasons to compensate for the bump in size and I'm very happy so far.

M4Gunner
16th April 2004, 03:08 AM
yeah, also depending on where you live, you may not want to run 19's. its too bumpy here, 18's are even cutting it close! i was talking to my parts guy, and he said that if you change the tire size at all, to have them re-calibrate for many things, one being the tration system. i dont know how it would make a difference, but he says it does. probably just trying to get money!

HOBADNESS
16th April 2004, 08:19 AM
I HAVE 19'S ON MY 04 9-3 AERO.IT FITS NO PROBLEM AND RIDES PRETTY SMOOTH FOR 225/35/19.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE TIRE PRESSURE WARNING KEEPS COMING ON.

Cayman1
16th April 2004, 09:39 AM
How about some pictures? :D

Pelle
20th April 2004, 12:52 PM
Hi

One of Speedparts (www.speedparts.se) projectcars has 21 BBS rims. http://www.speedparts.se/proj/ss1_21tum.jpg

This seems to be the limit... and it also makes the original break disc patethically tiny.... :D

Cayman1
20th April 2004, 12:55 PM
If this is one of Speedparts cars over in Europe, why does it have the amber light in the from bumper strip?

Interesting....

mav238
20th April 2004, 01:00 PM
I HAVE 19'S ON MY 04 9-3 AERO.IT FITS NO PROBLEM AND RIDES PRETTY SMOOTH FOR 225/35/19.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE TIRE PRESSURE WARNING KEEPS COMING ON.

The roads where you live are probably pretty darn smooth. Even with my 17" and stock SAAB sport suspension, I felt every rut and bump, sometimes harder than other times. Part of the cushioning in any suspension system comes from the tires. The lower the profile a tire has, the less of the "cushioning" it is going to provide to the car, hence a rougher ride.

Those 19" and 21" tires are meant for the track, where it's pretty much smooth most of the time.

Pelle
20th April 2004, 01:05 PM
If this is one of Speedparts cars over in Europe, why does it have the amber light in the from bumper strip?

Interesting....

Good question! The car drives here in Sweden.I think the main reson with the reflex simply is to make the car diferent from other cars here. (The reflex was there beofre the rims came on....)

freAK47
20th April 2004, 06:45 PM
Hi

One of Speedparts (www.speedparts.se) projectcars has 21 BBS rims. http://www.speedparts.se/proj/ss1_21tum.jpg

This seems to be the limit... and it also makes the original break disc patethically tiny.... :D

those rims with those small brake calipers :o ? yuk

sjhudon
20th April 2004, 06:47 PM
Hi

those rims with those small brake calipers :o ? yuk

I don't think it matters, there is only one bolt on those wheels, it will just fall off and then stopping won't really be much of a problem 8)