Finding a 3 bar FRP [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Finding a 3 bar FRP

nefarious
15-04-04, 03:56 AM
Having broken the one Alan F so kindly sourced for me (don't ask!), I'm looking for a 3 bar FRP again, but having some trouble.

Do 16v K-Jetronic 900s have one that I just can't find? (all the n/a ones in my local breakers are K-jets)
On 9000s is it just 2.3 engines that have the larger FRP?

Are there any other cars that I could get one out of? (In desperation I took one off a BMW 535, but the fittings were wrong)

Any help most appreciated. Old Saabs seem difficult to find in the breakers round here.

alan forsyth
15-04-04, 04:43 AM
neil i'm going back to that place on friday i'll pick up one for you :cheesy:

Alex
15-04-04, 08:13 AM
Having broken the one Alan F so kindly sourced for me (don't ask!), I'm looking for a 3 bar FRP again, but having some trouble.

Do 16v K-Jetronic 900s have one that I just can't find? (all the n/a ones in my local breakers are K-jets)
On 9000s is it just 2.3 engines that have the larger FRP?

K-Jet is the mechanical fuel injection so won't have the same type of FPR.

You need either a N/A 16v injection or the Lucas equipped 16v Turbos (MY90 on).

9000 Fuel rails use a different fitting so the FPRs aren't a direct swap.

nefarious
15-04-04, 12:45 PM
9000 Fuel rails use a different fitting so the FPRs aren't a direct swap.

As I've just discovered, having trekked half way across Scotland on the promise of a 9k 2.3 turbo.

On the upside I did get the IC+pipework, injectors, a few bits and pieces to make an oil catch tank and more bulbs and fuses than you can shake a sh1tty stick at!

There isn't an easy way to mod the fuel rail type FPR to fit a 900 is there? (I now have 2 rail type 3 bar FRPs and a normal one with the vacuum tube broken)

kreature
18-04-04, 03:58 AM
i got mine out of a 900S at pick n pull. i'm not sure what year, but i think all the non-turbo 900 models have 3.0 bar.