Stupid me [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Stupid me

Janne Selinummi
25th June 2002, 01:28 PM
I'm working on my car again, proceeding in what I call my "Stage 1" tuning project.
This is to get the most out of my current B201 engine so that I may get at least some performance before investing big time on the new, high-performance engine.

Now, what does the over boost fuel cut-out switch look like? I know this is stupid, but just didn't find it yet. There's the possibility one hasn't been fitted in the first place, since my car's not an original turbo model.

Behind the driver's side front speaker cover I can't find but one pressure hose going anywhere, and that's the one for the boost gauge. I really want to make sure the cut-out switch isn't there when I go on with my next mods.

So, help me out, please...

Eric van Spelde
25th June 2002, 02:27 PM
You need to undo the lower dash pad, than look _behind_ the two relays. It's fitted at a 90 degree angle versus these, round, with two wires left and right and with a screw hole in the middle.

Oh, and how about a write up for the TTE site? :wink:

Happy Saabing,
Eric

Janne Selinummi
25th June 2002, 03:23 PM
Hey, thanks Eric!

About the article for the TTE site, I'm working on it! However, posting the associated pictures is going to take a few more days - I don't have a digital camera, nor a scanner, so It'll always take a while to get all the photos on the net.
I hope you don't mind if there are many pictures and quite some text too, I've got a bad habit of being thorough... :smile:

Eric van Spelde
25th June 2002, 04:17 PM
"I hope you don't mind if there are many pictures and quite some text too, I've got a bad habit of being thorough... :smile:"

Me too. People visiting the site seem to like it, tho' :smile:

Happy Saabing,
Eric