Forced Induction for N/A Cars..... New Supercharger Kit [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Forced Induction for N/A Cars..... New Supercharger Kit

stevehayes01
13th April 2004, 05:46 PM
http://www.boosthead.com/product.php

These are electric superchargers for N/A cars. I have seen the Thomas Knight Turbo kits for other cars and they are very good quality so I have high hopes for this one. I just thought I would pass it along to all of you N/A guys who are looking for a way to make more power..

Later...

P.S. You will have to select SAAB - The Motor and such to get it to load correctly.

GearHead
13th April 2004, 08:55 PM
"if it sounds to good to be true than it probally is"
If it worked it would give me about 200HP,But I have higher goals.Also I don't think the trannie likes 75hp boosts in 1/10th of second.What if you mounted the unit before the turbo but out of the flow to aid in spool up?Have it running one second bursts everytime you shifted?Then you could have a Very big turbo...

Castor Troy
13th April 2004, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't you still need to replace the pistons w/turbo pistons as to avoid knock? At which point, wouldn't it be cheaper just to start with a turbo engine?

stevehayes01
13th April 2004, 10:27 PM
Check out this months "Turbo and High Performance Magazine" they have a really good article on them. They did a test run for almost 2 years on a Dodge Avenger that had around 220HP peak with a fall of to 185 or so and no real mods to the engine except some extra fuel needs. And it's cool air from the get go so no need to Intercool it as most chargers require. The magazine writers were quite impressed with it when they did the review. So who knows....just thought I would pass on something of interest. :roll:

GearHead
14th April 2004, 10:59 AM
could try it :wink: But I have higher power goals