Rim Options [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Rim Options

coMplX
8th April 2004, 04:28 PM
I'm new to the forum so I though I should try and make a contribution. I am considering purchasing a new set of rims and wondered what style would look best. I used photoshop to get an idea of style and size. This image is a bit hard to see because I reduced the size of the image and the cars themselves, but hopefully it gives some idea of what the styles look like with a lowered 9-3SS.

Jerry03Arc
8th April 2004, 05:28 PM
I like the top left one in both sets of pictures. You may want to make your life a little easier and go to www.tirerack.com you can add rims to a saab there and you don't have to do any of the work.

sjhudon
8th April 2004, 05:41 PM
All depends on what type of rim you like, I like less spokes, so I'd go with the top left 5-spoke. But that's just me... 8)

brucec32
9th April 2004, 12:07 PM
Try ebay if you want OEM wheels as an upgrade

USNA '00
9th April 2004, 04:24 PM
Why would you want it lowered any more than it already is? It's bad enough that it scrapes in the factory state unless ytou are careful.

coMplX
11th April 2004, 01:04 AM
I can understand any reluctance to lower the vehicle. As it stands, I am actually running the 15s with the winter tires. I understand that a larger rim and lower profile tires should definitely lower the vehicle somewhat. I also drive a 74' 924 porsche which basically sits level with the pavement. All my previous cars have been so much lower, to the point that I almost feel uncomfortable sitting so high off the ground. I will have to consider how low I want to go once I install the new rims and tires.

Saba
11th April 2004, 07:43 AM
Them wagonwheels :o

AirTreesWaterAnimals
16th April 2004, 05:53 AM
I'll take these. :cheesy:

http://www.scudari.com/Wheels/360ChallengeRims.jpg

eBay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473210963&category=43958#ebayphotohosting)

Cayman1
16th April 2004, 09:42 AM
Those are nice BBS's, but i think theres nothing better looking than a nice 2 piece wheel. There's just no depth to one piece wheels.