SaabCentral Forums banner

Help in picking my new saab

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ChadDa3mon 
#1 ·
I've made the decision to buy either the 2010 or 2011 saab 9-5, but I'm going off of cars.com and it's a difficult process as I'm not really familiar with the options, trim packages, or even if I need to specifically look for the Aero or not. They seem to have changed up a lot, and I don't have a definite source to get info from.

I have a 2003 9-5 Arc now.

I'd like the Aero I think, but I can't tell if that's the Turbo6 now, or if there is a 9-5 Aero, just can't find any on cars.com (looking at the whole US).

I've also heard people talk about the technology package, the LED trim lights do appeal to me, but if it comes with the HUD, as much as I would love a HUD, I've read the windshield for those is impossible to find.

I'd also like to ensure I get the heated and cooled seats, and maybe the 8 color screen instead of the green screen that is so common. I would have thought the "premium" had that, but it doesn't appear so.

As it is now, there's 100+ saabs listed, but I'm hoping I can speed things up so I don't ahve to look through all the photos to see if the dash has the 8 color display, or the seats are vented, it's a time consuming process.

Is there a better place to look through these then cars.com? Is there a site I can go read up on the 9-5 options, trim packages etc? Where has the Aero gone and why can't I find it? I understand the Aero is the fastest of the lot? I do enjoy a sporty drive.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to buy a one way ticket somewhere and drive my new saab back home :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe an easier way to ask is this:

I want the Harmon Kardon Speakers, vented seats, the 8 color display, and the LED lights around the head lamps.

I'd like to avoid the HUD display.

Are all of these some a la carte fashion, where I have to look for each one, or can I say "If it has X, it will also have Y and Z"? If it has the 8 color display and GPS, will it also have the HUD, thus meaning I shouldn't look for the 8 color display?

What about remote start, is that even a feature?

#3 ·
Love my 2010 Aero and hopefully I can answer a few of your questions.

2010 was only in Aero form and V6 in the USA. Remote start and entry without using the key fob was not available on the 2010 nor the sunroof.

2011 was available in Turbo4, Turbo6, and Aero form. Aero was only available in V6 form. The above items missing were available in the 2011s.

The options you listed I believe were individual options. The tech package in Aero form included the HUD, lane departure warning, etc. The tech package in non-Aero form included above but also included the bixenon cornering headlights. That was not available from what I read unless you go the Tech package.

I really wanted HK audio and NAV, but when I was looking could not find (a week after I bought two popped up). My 2010 has NAV, but does not have HK, HUD, cooled seats.

I think you first need to decide if you want FWD or XWD. If that does not matter than you can go Turbo4 or Turbo6. The 3 different ride settings is only available in Aero form.

I know the various options on the 2010s and 2011s are listed in the forums on saabworld.net (I think you need to go back to some of the original posts). There are some NG 9-5 facebook groups also that you might want to consider joining.

The prices keep dropping on these so I don't think you can go wrong picking one of these up. On cars.com (I also like autotrader.com) you will notice that the XWD/Turbo6 are a lot harder to find with only about 10-15 listed at any one time whereas the Turbo4 you have most probably close to a 100.

Curious to know what you decide ... Good luck in your search.

#4 ·
Thank you for taking the time for such a great response.

I do not think I have a preference over FWD/XWD, I will be in snow, but FWD has always been fine for me. Are there any other differences that would alter the driving experience?

It sounds like there is the following so far then

9-5 Turbo4
9-5 Turbo6
9-5 Aero

There is also the Turbo4/6 Premium? What does premium include? So far I can't find any difference in Premium vs Regular Turbo4/6.

I found a dealer somewhere (forgot where) but they have like 50 of the Turbo4 models, still brand new, asking around 29K. Anyone have any stories of how much negotiating they have pulled off on these? I have to imagine the dealer would be more than eager to get rid of these cars, so I was thinking about starting the offer around 20-22k.

I will also go check out saabworld.net, thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.