installed JR performance air filter [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: installed JR performance air filter

Dave N
6th April 2004, 02:34 PM
Installed over the weekend and have been not bothered switching the radio on since. I just love the sound of the turbo spooling up. My fuel consumption will probably plummet as I cant resist booting it at every opportunity.

Also bought a gauge pod for the drivers pillar to mount my new turbo boost gauge in. Its a universal pod so It may need a bit of fettling to get a good fit. Oh yes bought some osram diadem indicator bulbs. Haven't put them in yet, but they look cool even in the box! Should look great once I get around to putting them in at the weekend. No more egg yolk front end! I might even splash out on a pair for the rear lights. I Would have put them in last weekend but took one look at the amount of space Saab have left to get to the turn indicators at the front and decided I'd leave it til I had more time.

I will be ordering a BSR PPC shortly. As Ive got the 1.8t model, thats going to be a 54 BHP increase from 150 to 204! talk about bang for bucks,especially as the price has recently been reduced. I cant wait. Now where has my wife hidden my credit card!! :lol:

sjhudon
6th April 2004, 02:41 PM
Installed over the weekend and have been not bothered switching the radio on since. I just love the sound of the turbo spooling up. My fuel consumption will probably plummet as I cant resist booting it at every opportunity.

Also bought a gauge pod for the drivers pillar to mount my new turbo boost gauge in. Its a universal pod so It may need a bit of fettling to get a good fit. Oh yes bought some osram diadem indicator bulbs. Haven't put them in yet, but they look cool even in the box! Should look great once I get around to putting them in at the weekend. No more egg yolk front end! I might even splash out on a pair for the rear lights. I Would have put them in last weekend but took one look at the amount of space Saab have left to get to the turn indicators at the front and decided I'd leave it til I had more time.

I will be ordering a BSR PPC shortly. As Ive got the 1.8t model, thats going to be a 54 BHP increase from 150 to 204! talk about bang for bucks,especially as the price has recently been reduced. I cant wait. Now where has my wife hidden my credit card!! :lol:

I just replaced both set's last night, its a lot easier then it looks. the front are super easy, the lights just turn and pull right out, no wires attached to them. the rear are even easier (literally took like 10 seconds each in the back) ...

Dave N
6th April 2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks for that. Maybe I'll have a go when I get home from work tomorrow.

Viscouse
6th April 2004, 04:32 PM
How are the osram diadem's different than the Phillips Silvervisions?

finklejag
6th April 2004, 05:58 PM
How are the osram diadem's different than the Phillips Silvervisions?

Vis, I bought the Diadems first. They blink a milky yellow color. I didn't like it. So I bought the Silvervisons. They blink amber.

Cayman1
6th April 2004, 06:17 PM
dave,

i assume you don't have curtain airbags in the UK since you are mounting a pod on the A pillar?

AirTreesWaterAnimals
6th April 2004, 07:42 PM
dave,

i assume you don't have curtain airbags in the UK since you are mounting a pod on the A pillar?

That would hurt in an accident...

Viscouse
6th April 2004, 08:08 PM
Thanks finkle!

Dave N
7th April 2004, 07:58 AM
Yes the car does have curtain airbags. In the pictures Ive seen of crash testing on this model, they seem to deploy from high up on the frame in a downwards direction. I was a little concerned myself which is why I only purchased the pod and not the gauge at this point in case it turns out to be a non starter. I was particularly concerned that I might accidently set the curtain airbag off if I was to drill the pillar! I therefore reasoned that as the gauge and the pod are lightweight, that they could be adequately held in place using velcro. You are right though. On the offchance that I have an accident and the bag flings the pod and gauge in my direction, it might be as well to get a definitive opinion from the dealer as to where the airbag deploys from.

The pod is a universal type and I suppose I could adapt it to fit on top of the dash. Its still very much a head scratcher as to how best to go about it at the moment. If I have any thoughts Ill post back. If any one has any suggestions, Im all ears!

Cayman1
7th April 2004, 09:13 AM
Yeah, i would definitely not mount anything on the a pillar just to be safe. you don't want to hinder the airbag from working properly. Maybe some of the performance shops might figure out a safe place to install it.