SaabCentral Forums banner

Sell the 9-3 and buy a 9-5?

Should I? or Should I Not?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mtarr07 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My current daily is an '07 9-3 2.0T SS... and my dad has suggested I pass it down to my little brother as a graduation present. And in turn, he would help me out with the downpayment on a new car.

The thing is, I really love my 9-3 --well, besides a few quirks, but nothing to be considered a major flaw. I've planned a few upgrades/projects for it, and the sad thing is, what ever money he is willing to give me, is going to be way less than the blue book value.

Which brings me to the 9-5. I sat in one, when I took my car to the dealer for service a while ago, and I just fell in love with the interior. Almost cruise ship battle star galactica kinda feeling... but I felt like the back was too big. Now that I'm feeling a little bit more grown up, and considering that there would not be any newer 2010-2011 out there forever, should I buy one?

Just wanted to share my dilemma, as I know is not an easy advice to give --and I also need to consider a bunch of other variables. But the thing is, as much money as I will like to continue dumping on my 9-3, I really think the new 9-5 is something I can really grow old with! (well, maybe not literally, but for a much longer run, than I would have initially considered on my 9-3).

I've seen a few ones for sale, with low mileage and well preserved interiors (at least for what the pictures reveal) and contemplating purchasing one... but most of these dealers are out of state. Currently gazing at a Turbo6 Aero XWD all black, OMG!

See less See more
#5 ·
Well, it took me a while, but finally got a 2011 9-5 Aero! It has all the necessary gadgetry except for Nav --I don't really needed, and didn't want to pay extra for something I won't use. So far, loving every moment of it. I re-did the tint on the windows with ceramic; Will post more pics after it gets detailed.

Oh did I mentions this find came with the Hirsch Performance Tune? Oh yeah!

#8 ·
Already ordered a few accessories, including the OEM base rack. But as far as performance, I would like the exhaust to have a bit more growl sometimes, although there is no Hirsch exhaust listed on their [US] site for the V6 2.8T. I do like being fast and stealth, so far is very Darth and discrete.

I considered getting the Hirsch lowering springs, since they comply with DriveSense --just hesitant about hitting my front lip. After commuting to work for a few weeks already, I've started to see a bit of a road rash (but can't tell if some of it was already there or not). There is a plastic piece that hangs, that does not appear to be part of the advance park assist. Will probably get the opinion from my Guy when I bring it in for service and go from there.

#9 ·
If you're just looking for a little more growl, you could always go with a catless mid pipe. From what I've read it's an easy install and under normal driving conditions it doesn't get too loud but under heavier throttle it opens up a bit more. If you go with a cat back, you're kind of stuck with that sound all the time (which is perfectly fine if thats what you like!). I really like the sound of the catless downpipe and mid pipe through a stock cat back. Has a nice growl and the REALLY opens up when you get on it. Wont attract unwanted attention when trying to lay low though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.