SaabCentral Forums banner

Does anyone have working auto headlights?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ptanser0505 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 2010 Aero Turbo4 here in the UK. When I start the engine, the headlights come on immediately - day and night. I can turn them off (by switching off the auto lights function), but each time I start the engine, they are back on again.

Just wondering if this is normal behaviour, or if I have a fault with the light sensor itself?

Thanks,

Martin.

#3 ·
I have just bought an NG 95 and have this exact same problem and if you cover the light sensor in the daytime you will see the lights get slightly brighter and if you remove the object covering them the light will get dimmer slightly. I am going to replace my light sensor to see if this fixes it but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Did anyone ever find a fix to this?

#5 ·
The reason I reopened this thread is it explains the issues perfectly and they might have found an answer in the meantime.

Secondly I'm on about the headlights NOT the dash lights. If you point the car at a dark garage door in the day and quickly switch between auto and headlights you'll see they get slightly brighter. If you then cover the light sensor in the windscreen and perform the same test you'll see the light gets no brighter as its already at full brightness as it thinks its night.

Not sure if this is because the light sensor if failing slowly or if this is normal for the UK version.

Should have specified I have a Saab 9-5 Vector 2011 and I'm in the UK so RHD model.

#7 ·
Thanks for your reply, just wanted to check as the car is going to an Auto Electrician as the heated seats don't work and the warranty company of the dealer I bought it off offered to pay to repair them. He was going to look at the lights but I before I wanted to check if this is normal. The only reason I thought not is the bulbs seem to burn out every two years on the MOT haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.