Anyone ever heard of these guys? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone ever heard of these guys?

cryptical
4th April 2004, 12:22 AM
Not even sure what their name really is other than "SAAB Perfomance". Just browsing around and checking out some parts accessories and came accross these guys. They have an ECU upgrade that I quote: "Reprogrammed ignition and fuel injection computers create another 40 horsepower. This unit was designed to give explosive power and acceleration in all gears."

cost is $1199. Just seems to be a lot of HP for just an ECU switchout. Anyone?

http://fastsaab.itgo.com/saab95.htm

DriverEd
4th April 2004, 12:54 AM
Never heard of them, but their local phone number has a Toronto area code. I wonder if it's possible that $1199 is in Canadian dollars?

Mattlach
5th April 2004, 12:48 PM
Not even sure what their name really is other than "SAAB Perfomance". Just browsing around and checking out some parts accessories and came accross these guys. They have an ECU upgrade that I quote: "Reprogrammed ignition and fuel injection computers create another 40 horsepower. This unit was designed to give explosive power and acceleration in all gears."

cost is $1199. Just seems to be a lot of HP for just an ECU switchout. Anyone?

http://fastsaab.itgo.com/saab95.htm

As I understand 40hp is not that uncommon on an ECU upgrade for turbo/supercharged cars. Naturally aspirated cars usually wont gain more than 10-15 from a new ECU...

cryptical
5th April 2004, 01:39 PM
Understood....
But, most sites like genuinesaab.com, nordictuning.com...etc, only gain an average of about 24hp on a Stage 1 upgrade which is typically just an ECU and air filter change. Just wondering why there isn't more talk of this place....seems like a big increase for the money.

Simon
5th April 2004, 02:31 PM
Errrr... no!

My 9-5 gained 69 Bhp with a BSR Stage 1 PPC upgrade! Taking it from 150Bhp to 219Bhp I've now fitted an ITG filter as well which may have given it a couple more? The filter seems to have helped the car rev more freely and gives it slightly better throttle response. Mind you the original filter was a bit dirty :oops:

The combination of Shell Optimax and the filter has also improved fuel consumption drastically, not that you should be too worried about that in the US with cheap fuel :D

cryptical
5th April 2004, 02:46 PM
Simon...you are correct!
All the numbers i've been looking at are for my 2003 9-5 Aero...and the BSR does only show a 25hp increase for that. I should've clarified that more. And yes, that original link I posted does not say Aero...my bad :oops: