SaabCentral Forums banner

New UK owner of an NG9-5. Saying hi

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chopper602 
#1 ·
Morning all,

New to the forum, and picked up my NG9-5 yesterday. They are not exactly common these cars, and there seems a fair few owners on here so thought I would join and say hello.

Love the car so far, really enjoying it. It is my first Saab (I had a late nineties 9000 Aero as a company loaner for 2 weeks years ago), and I completely fell in love with it at first sight. I was looking for an E-class wagon when I saw this and knew this was the right car.

Mine is an Aero Turbo4, manual, 2WD. We don't get the 'Premium' model in the UK, but mine seems pretty nicely optioned with HUD, Nav, HK stereo etc.

Looking forward to learning more about these cars, in particular how I stop the headlights coming on during the day (tried switiching auto on and off) and how I get my iPhone 4s phonebook to be recognised by the car (bluetooth calls work perfectly).

Cheers,

Martin.

A few pics below for those interested. I imagine most people on here have LHD cars, so you might find our cars with the steering on the wrong side of interest :cheesy:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Found all the faults yet ? :evil:

Out of date nav (about 2008?)
Cruise control that loses speed on hills
Sidelight bulbs that blow every few months
Heated seats failing

Silly things like a graphic & audio for the front parking sensors and audio only for the rear ones.

Beware if you have a windscreen problem, you'll lose the HUD as a replacement is NOT available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.