Saab car care clinic in Etobicoke [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saab car care clinic in Etobicoke

SaabScott
2nd April 2004, 06:58 PM
I just receieved a letter (same as last year) from "Saab on the Queensway".

They are running free car care clinics the week of April 12 to 17.
They will perform a "thorough" 52 point inspection including a road test to "assess your Saab's condition before summer".

This is a free clinic.

I have mine booked in on the 17th at 10:30 am ... they still had spots available on the Saturday when I called yesterday.

Saab on the Queensway (http://www.saturnonthequeensway.saturncanada.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+InternetRTRApps.AboutUs?dealer=98483&lang=en)

If anyone decides to take advantage of this, please PM me ... maybe we could meet up for a coffee or something.

brunp
2nd April 2004, 08:16 PM
Although it would be fun to attend a free clinic....it is a little bit to far to head to Toronto just for this purpose.

Paul

SaabScott
17th April 2004, 01:36 PM
OK, so I had the "52 point check" done this morning.

I must say, the results were astounding!

They thought my car was in fantastic condition! :cheesy:

They had a few thigs noted ...
"Parking brake cables seized" - the cables may not be in great condition, but it is the drivers side parking brake that is seized, not the cables. I think they just generalized on that one.
Quote to fix: $390.00
I'm hoping the brake expert (Tweek's) will fix that for me in Cleveland in May. :wink:
Just kidding Tweek's! :cheesy:
"Washer jets need aligning" - they are aligned for highway use right now and I'm OK with that.
Quote to fix: $30! What?! :o :nono;
"Running light out" - just that.
Quote to fix: $17.50! What?! :o :nono; I had a spare in with the spare tire and replaced it in the parking lot! :cheesy:

All in all, a satisfying experience. 8)

SaabScott
3rd November 2004, 08:22 PM
Queensway Saab is doing it again!

From Monday November 15 to Saturday November 20.

I'll be booking mine in for early Saturday morning if anyone else wants to meet up there.
Give them a call and tell them you want to get an appointment for the "Saab Car Care Clinic".

jedi_master58
3rd November 2004, 10:10 PM
WOW am I glad I ran into this!!! I'll be sure to go to that clinic for sure!!

:D :D :D

:P

jetman
3rd November 2004, 10:13 PM
Who dares me to take my 81 (Nothing works, everything bodged together with ingenuity and salvaged parts).

jedi_master58
3rd November 2004, 10:18 PM
HAHAHA give it a shot!!! Just for fun :D

jetman
3rd November 2004, 10:31 PM
Actually, sadly it had to be retired and is missing its head. But maybe I could drag it out of the back field with a tractor. But it would be funny!

SaabScott
4th November 2004, 07:28 AM
WOW am I glad I ran into this!!! I'll be sure to go to that clinic for sure!!

:D :D :D

:P

Just don't forget to call for an appointment.

SaabScott
4th November 2004, 09:24 PM
9:30 am Saturday November 20th is my appointment!

See you there (whoever you are). :cheesy: