PPC Ordered [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: PPC Ordered

mjm8975
2nd April 2004, 09:44 AM
Well after loitering silently around here for a while i decided to do something about my regretting going for the 1.8t Auto instead of the 2.0t Auto. When i saw that partsforsaabs.co.uk had reduced their price on the PPC is decided to order one - hell i was that excited i even got them to courier it to me ( was only 15 ). So tommorow i should be :D

Ps. Do you need to download your cars original software to the PPC the first time you use it or does the PPC already come with that installed in it?

Simon
2nd April 2004, 12:01 PM
It's all done automatically... Enjoy :D

Saba
3rd April 2004, 04:15 AM
Well after loitering silently around here for a while i decided to do something about my regretting going for the 1.8t Auto instead of the 2.0t Auto. When i saw that partsforsaabs.co.uk had reduced their price on the PPC is decided to order one - hell i was that excited i even got them to courier it to me ( was only 15 ). So tommorow i should be :D

Your going to get a HUGE bang for your buck, er pound.1.8t owners will benefit the most.

mjm8975
3rd April 2004, 06:10 AM
youre not joking mate - ordered yesterday and reieved this morning - fantastic service from partsforsaabs.

If anyone is hesitating about getting one of these dont - get your credit card and phone them up right now.....what are you doing still reading this.....go on, phone them!

Seriously it is money well spent - and the noise of that turbo, well all i can say is :lol:

mikej
3rd April 2004, 06:31 AM
Where abouts in the UK are you?

mjm8975
3rd April 2004, 09:14 AM
Sorry for the delay - been driving round aimlessley enjoying my new toy :) I'm from Lancashire, A northener :)

mikej
3rd April 2004, 10:15 AM
Just wondered as it would be nice to see a car with the PPC upgrade before i buy, as i have the 2.0t with sports exhaust and i am running at 190bhp so i will increase to 219bhp (204 + 15 for the exhaust).
Any chance of you attending a meet anywhere?

mjm8975
3rd April 2004, 10:46 AM
Well your increase will be roughly half of what mine was and to be honest i would have been happy with that. Shame you dont know anyone with an aero as that would be similar to your new HP.

Never been to a meet before but if you know of any localish to me i'd try and get there. What exhaust system have you added that gave you an extra 15bhp??

mikej
3rd April 2004, 10:57 AM
I drove the aero at the launch all i can say is turbo lag.

It's the Saab twin exhaust, they claim 15bhp and it dynoed at 190bhp so minus the stock 175bhp it prooved right.

nestoraero
3rd April 2004, 11:13 AM
I drove the aero at the launch all i can say is turbo lag.

It's the Saab twin exhaust, they claim 15bhp and it dynoed at 190bhp so minus the stock 175bhp it prooved right.

191hp was dynoed the 2.0t model in Greece,without the cat-back exhaust..
Have you dynoed you car ?
All the things you say dound very interesting..
I can't wait to get my aero dynoed...before any mods and after,with the ppc/cat-back/air filter fitted.....
How much hp should I expect???

mikej
3rd April 2004, 07:35 PM
Who dynoed at 191bhp? i would be interested to know

Saba
4th April 2004, 07:21 AM
Who dynoed at 191bhp? i would be interested to knowMike, I had my 2.0t with Sports Exhaust dynoed at 146 hp at the wheels. I can't really see the Sports Exhaust giving 15hp, its only a muffler with twin pipes. But I am having it dynoed again this week with PPC to see how that has added to the system.

If the 2.0t with sports exhaust is 190 hp then my dyno results would suggest a drivetrain loss of 23%. That seems rather excessive for a FWD. But my dyno could be wrong or yours could be. Had mine done 3X now and each came in within 1 hp of each other ( 2 x on same day and 1 a week later).

mikej
4th April 2004, 11:26 AM
Saba, What was your drive train loss calculated at?

Mine was dynoed in November when i think we had about 20 cars on the rollers and everyone came out as expected, data was lost in the crash but i have my print out.

190bhp @ 5735rpm and 199lbs/ft torque.

Saba
4th April 2004, 11:42 AM
Saba, What was your drive train loss calculated at?

Mine was dynoed in November when i think we had about 20 cars on the rollers and everyone came out as expected, data was lost in the crash but i have my print out.

190bhp @ 5735rpm and 199lbs/ft torque.Drive train loss was not calculated, but at the wheels it was 146hp @5450 rpm and 176lbs/ft @ 2500rpm.The rpm peaks concur with Saab's specs. I think 15% drive train loss is fairly standard for a manual FWD vehicle, this would put my crank HP at around 175 hp, which is what Saab claims it to be. What was yours at the wheel?

mikej
4th April 2004, 11:58 AM
Not calculated at the wheel.

nestoraero
4th April 2004, 12:10 PM

It was dynoed by the Greek version of Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
They sat that all their tests are certified with ISO9002.
I can give you the link,but it's in Greek.... :D

Saba
4th April 2004, 12:42 PM

It was dynoed by the Greek version of Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
They sat that all their tests are certified with ISO9002.
I can give you the link,but it's in Greek.... :DDo they have a dyno chart? Is that in Greek too? :cheesy:

nestoraero
4th April 2004, 01:09 PM
No they don't have a dyno chart...if there was any I would have posted it already... :cheesy: :cheesy: