SaabCentral Forums banner

Turbo4 Manual reviews?

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Imspace2 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am looking for a Saab Aero, 2007-2009 years-manual. But I would also look at the 2010-2012 year Turbo4 manual as well. I want something different that has potential to be driven hard and not brake ;ol;
I don't abuse my cars, and I want to be able to use lower springs or go with coilovers if I have the chance. Also I want to be able to tune the engine for more hp and torqe. I have seen the Hirsch upgrade for the Turbo4 go from 220 to 260hp. Is this a good deal? How do you like the 6 speed manual? How much hp/torque can it put up with without braking?
The MkII Aero looks great, but no manual and the thing weighs over 4100lbs! I love how it looks though.

#3 ·
You will be hard-pressed to find a manual. We have a red one here in town and thats one of less than 100 premium models in the entire country.

Curb weight is at 3890 dry, I am currently remote-tuning the T4 and right at 270hp 290 ft.lbs but alas the auto is slow and clunky. Passing power is great though.

With exhaust and a larger intercooler this engine is capable of at least 340hp 350ft/lbs but only with those mods. Also you wont find any Mk II NG 9-5 for less than $15,000 dollars.

If you really want to tune and mod stick with the B235R Turbo4 motor found in the 2005 and up Mk I 9-5s there is an absolute ton of potential and you can net nearly 300 hp with ZERO hardware mods.

Do a few searches on here. Other than a couple guys that hirsched their new 9-5 I am the only one looking for more of a custom tune through Vermont Tuning

#4 ·
Hey thanks- I would pay $15,000 for a good stock model. If all I had to do was the intercooler, exhaust and a tune, I would consider myself lucky! Money starts adding up quick with forged pistons, headers (or manifold) plus the above.
The car is a little on the heavy side, but the Mk II Aero is at 4300lbs I think. The awd must be heavy. The cool thing is if I found one, it would be super rare. I really like the body style though. ;ol;
If I find a nice 2005-2009 with low miles and no oil sludge issues, I would probably go that direction; unless I get lucky and find a Manual Mk II.
Does Hirsched still exist in the states?

#7 ·
Its like a cobb unit but he can read my logs and modify as necessary, read codes etc. $699 is all you need and he does the rest from VT. Right now I'm at 260ish hp with 282ft/lbs at the crank, quite an improvement from 220hp and 259ft/lbs. Its still a work in progress and kinda fun to keep swapping tunes. As soon as I'm done he'll have a pretty good box tune to sell right out of the box.

Looking to be at 270+ something with 300ft/lbs in another week just haven't had time to log enough data. He's even working with more for a stable E85/91 max (safe) mix as well!

#8 ·
Very nice. Imagine how much fun you would really be having with a manual version. :cool:
With the weight of this car just under 3900lbs, the closer you get to 300hp the better. The car looks amazing, with more power, this would be a real keeper!
Now just for fun, can you get the Aero front bumper? I know it would probably cost more than $1500.00, but that bumper is sweet. Along with a diffuser in the back and a quad exhaust, this car would be even more of a head turner. (and of course stiffer springs and 18" wheels-I am not asking for too much) :D

#10 ·
Sweet! I wonder if That Aero is available with a manual. ;ol;
Anyway I bet your car looks real good with 18s. Who makes stiffer or lower springs for your model-maybe Koni? Would the Aero springs work in your car? I think they are 1/2" lower-I will have to do some more research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.