SaabCentral Forums banner

Tire Pressure Sensor Issue

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  montmorency 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo 4 and the display in my dash gauge indicates that my right-rear tire pressure is low (about 6 PSI less than what is should be). I fill the tire and check the PSI manually but the display still reads "low" even though the pressure is where it should be. Is there a way to reset the pressure sensor? There doesn't seem to be any place in the owner's manual that addresses this issue.

#3 ·
Actually it is in the manual. You need to get the tire pressure displayed on the info menu in the center of the dash(not then infotainment screen). Hold the button on the directional stalk and it will ask if you want to reset the tpms say yes the you have to go counterclockwise starting from the drivers side front and let a few lbs of pressure out of the tire till the car beeps. Continue around the car and when finished the iirc there will be two beeps. Should be all set. I do this twice a year when I do the snow tire changeover.
Good luck,
JTMav

#4 ·
I did try this. I start the car, the tire pressure "idiot light" is displayed in the dash cluster along with the diagram of the vehicle in the center of the speedo with pressure numbers. I press the round "reset" button on the end of the turn signal stalk for a long time but nothing is ever displayed to get into the TPMS. I'll recheck the manual.

#6 ·
My issue at this point is that all the readings are about 10 lbs. higher than the manual gauge set reads and trust. Does anybody knows how to calibrate the readings?
My understanding from the manual is that the only setup available on the car is to configure which sensor is on which wheel.

The fact that all your sensors are reading down by the same amount suggests to me it's not a sensor problem. (I suspect the sensors are factory calibrated anyway and after that there's no adjustment.)

Having eliminated the sensors, standard fault finding practice would be to look for something common to all four wheels.
My prime candidate would be your gauge. I'd suggest checking the pressures against at least two garage gauges or another hand gauge - preferably digital. If they confirm your own hand gauge readings then the only other candidate is the car's TPMS receiver and/or ecu.

Good luck.

Chris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.