NE Ohio Saabcentral Springtime meet 5/21-5/23 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: NE Ohio Saabcentral Springtime meet 5/21-5/23

CleveSaab
29th March 2004, 11:39 PM
WHEN : May 21st, 22nd, 23rd.

WHERE : Findley State Park
We have a group campsite area reserved that will hold 40 people max. Cost will be roughly $2-3.00 per person per night.
If you would prefer to stay at a hotel there are some nearby.
http://www.wellingtonohio.net/lodging/ .
There are also a few Hotels in ASHLAND, OH which is 30 minutes SOUTH of the state park. If we have a group of folks that would prefer a hotel, we can try to arrange that once we know how many.

'EVENTS':
Friday night - relax by the fire
Saturday - Enjoy the park and your fellow Saab'ers. Mid-afternoon drive and film session. I will be filming your Saabs to compile a Saab Video. Any ideas for some good shots appreciated (and can be discussed in May....not in this thread).
Sunday - Caravan to Cleveland around 1 and go to the Cleveland Rock -n- Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.
Admission is $20/adults, $14.75/kids.
If we can get 20 people to commit fully to the Rockhall excursion we can get discounts of $5/each person.

Please copy/paste this list and add your name and lodging preference. Also please indicate if you would like to attend the RRHOF on Sunday.

1 ) CleveSaab (fri-sat-sun) and Mrs. Cleve + friend (sat-sun) - Camping - RRHOF
2 )
3 )
4 )
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )
10)

SaabScott
29th March 2004, 11:45 PM

Please copy/paste this list and add your name and lodging preference. Also please indicate if you would like to attend the RRHOF on Sunday.

2 ) SaabScott and Mrs. SaabScott (that just doesn't sound right) - Crysta, plus Dyllan (12) and Sam (6) ==> Sat, Sun, leaving Mon ... staying in hotel. :cry: :roll: Yes on the RRHOF (even if Rush isn't in there ... yet :evil: )! :cheesy:
3 )
4 )
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

What are we doing about food?
I would assume the Canadians would have to bring the beer! :wink: :cheesy:

Tweek's Turbos
30th March 2004, 12:44 PM
2 ) SaabScott and Mrs. SaabScott (that just doesn't sound right) - Crysta, plus Dyllan (12) and Sam (6) ==> Sat, Sun, leaving Mon ... staying in hotel. Yes on the RRHOF (even if Rush isn't in there ... yet )!
3 ) Tweek
4 )
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

I will arrive late Friday Night. I will bring some Saranac. I can only stay till about mid Sat. Deff the Vid shoot. :cheesy: But I have to be back and shoot over to Albany for my Sis's Graduation Sunday.

Viscouse
30th March 2004, 10:04 PM
2 ) SaabScott and Mrs. SaabScott (that just doesn't sound right) - Crysta, plus Dyllan (12) and Sam (6) ==> Sat, Sun, leaving Mon ... staying in hotel. Yes on the RRHOF (even if Rush isn't in there ... yet )!
3 ) Tweek
4 ) Viscouse & Mrs. Viscouse, Fri night, Sat & Sun. Camping, RRHOF.
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

Do we need to bring firewood?
I'm bringing a couple of geocaches to do also.

dougsaab
30th March 2004, 10:16 PM
3 ) Tweek
5 ) dougsaab and probably my 10 yr old daughter, fri, sat, sun(since I'm so close)..no to RRHOF
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

I may tent camp or just sleep in the car...depends on the weather. You can buy firewood there, or bring your own. I have piles at the house, but won't transport in the 99's, unless someone wants to volunteer their Saab to haul wood.

D. Wolfe
31st March 2004, 05:36 PM
3 ) Tweek
5 ) dougsaab and probably my 10 yr old daughter, fri, sat, sun(since I'm so close)..no to RRHOF
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

I may tent camp or just sleep in the car...depends on the weather. You can buy firewood there, or bring your own. I have piles at the house, but won't transport in the 99's, unless someone wants to volunteer their Saab to haul wood.

Tweek's Turbos
31st March 2004, 08:01 PM
Give me 10 days to confirm (back at my mom's place then) But I may be able to bring some (trunkload) of firewood. :D

dflippo
5th April 2004, 04:23 PM
3 ) Tweek
6 ) Wolfeman and Wolfeboy(Mason-8 years old)
7 ) DFlippo, Mrs. DFlippo, Baby DFlippo(2 yr old), Fri-Sat-Sun, Camping, no to RRHOF
8 )
9 )

AndyJ
9th April 2004, 09:18 AM
That's like 20min from home for me. I'll need to see if I can get all or part of the weekend off; no guarantees. Sounds like fun!
Haven't met any local Saab people, I thought I was the only one!

CleveSaab
9th April 2004, 10:29 AM
The only one???
Ono brother...you are not alone....
:wink:

DeLorean
9th April 2004, 10:51 AM
I am thinking I can probably make it

3 ) Tweek
6 ) Wolfeman and Wolfeboy(Mason-8 years old)
7 ) DFlippo, Mrs. DFlippo, Baby DFlippo(2 yr old), Fri-Sat-Sun, Camping, no to RRHOF
8 ) DeLorean (camping in the 900!)
9 )

SaabScott
9th April 2004, 10:13 PM
OK ... there is a Best Western 15-20 minutes from the park in Elyria Ohio.

$80 USD per night ... and it has an indoor pool!

Best Western Inn Elyria. (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=36109)

Does anyone else have any other thoughts?
I need to have my room booked by the end of April since we are away the first 2 weeks in May ...
And I want to make sure us Saab Central non-camping folks stay together if at all possible. :wink:

Can we agree on a hotel by April 18th so we can start booking?

82SaabTurbo
20th April 2004, 03:22 AM
I might go... wheres the beer gonna be at? :wink: What about GM he only lives in Dayton, Ohio. I'm all the way in Indy, Im considering the trip... Just for a bit of info. I've been to the RRHOF and it wasn't all that great and pretty much a waste of money and time. I enjoyed playing pool better then that. The lake is pretty cool behind it thou...

CleveSaab
21st April 2004, 03:38 PM
Apparently, Scott, you are the only pansy staying at a hotel. ;)
82SaabT, Wolfeman lives in Indy, too. Caravan?
As for the RNRHOF, it is NOT spectacularly awesome, but I rather enjoyed it. I just wanted to give the out-of-towners something cool to do. If you are into that kind of music, it is definitely worth one visit, in my opinion.

82SaabTurbo
21st April 2004, 06:13 PM
We can meet up for a caravan. I live right off of Mt. Comfort Road in greenfield. Its on the way on US 70. Keep me informed and I'll be there. Most likely driving the saab 99 if I can get it running. I cant commit yett. I gotta see how my funds are... I have the Run for the hills to goto as well.. Im not prissy either, I can bring myself a tent.

Tweek's Turbos
21st April 2004, 07:10 PM
I am going to bring some beer and try to load up with firewood.

Delorean, your not going to go to Carlisle then I assume?

SaabScott
22nd April 2004, 10:02 PM
Apparently, Scott, you are the only pansy staying at a hotel. ;)
82SaabT, Wolfeman lives in Indy, too. Caravan?
As for the RNRHOF, it is NOT spectacularly awesome, but I rather enjoyed it. I just wanted to give the out-of-towners something cool to do. If you are into that kind of music, it is definitely worth one visit, in my opinion.

OK ... I'm booking there.
If Wolfeman decides to "rough it", he can give them a call later. :wink: :cheesy:

As for the RNRHOF ... my entire family enjoys Rock 'n Roll ... but, majority rules and all ... unless we decide to split up for a while. :roll:

SaabScott
28th April 2004, 08:56 PM
OK ... there is a Best Western 15-20 minutes from the park in Elyria Ohio.

$80 USD per night ... and it has an indoor pool!

Best Western Inn Elyria. (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=36109)

Booked it last night ... only $69.95 USD per night.

And they are running out of room ... book soon if you want in!

Tweek's Turbos
28th April 2004, 09:02 PM
Cleve, you will still have a tent available Fri night right?

CleveSaab
29th April 2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah I will bring both of my tents.

CleveSaab
29th April 2004, 01:22 PM
So we're looking at about 18-20 people right now? Cool.
Let's see, we'll have maybe 2 99's, a slew of 900's (NG and C), 1 9-3S vert (me), 1 or 2 9-3SS's.... any 9000's/9-5's?? Any more verts??

I am going out this weekend, or maybe next week to scout a good drive for us.

Should I try to book a real sit down dinner somewhere for Saturday night??? Or more burgers and dogs at Findley???

DougSaab you want to invite any of your friends from TSN? I know there are a few Ohioans on there. Room for about 15-18 more people at the campground. If not I'll post over there sometime and see if we can get anymore.

If you are planning to camp and have not put your name on the list I REALLY need to know if you want to camp. Limited to 40 bodies there.

dougsaab
30th April 2004, 08:58 AM
I have been telling everyone who I chat with about it. Kevin-O says he may drive his SPG up for the day on Saturday(if he gets it back on the road by then). Drew from Solon may make it if his parents let him out of their sight(he's only 16). I saw a newbie from Youngstown join SC a bit ago, and I sent him off an e-mail about it. Steve Goldberger from Canton just had Kidney cancer surgery, so I'm not too sure about him, but I should send him an invite anyway. I told a few people from Columbus about it, and told them to spread the word down there, but got back no replies of any "for sures". Jim Blake would probably drive up, but I have no contact info for him, and he may be going to Carlisle. I also told Matt from Swedish Solution about it, but who knows with him. I'm sort of glad you picked this weekend even though alot may be going to Carlisle. I prefer this being close to home as opposed to driving 6 hours to PA.

Right now both 99's are not running. I went to take the 73 for a drive yesterday and it cranks, but the injectors aren't spraying. I have enough parts to swap and should have it running today I hope. The 75 wouldn't start yesterday either(dead battery). The date on the battery said it was replaced in 1996, I guess it had enough after 8 years....plus I still have to get two tires for it and re-paint the hood.

By all means, post on the General Board over there.

82SaabTurbo
8th May 2004, 09:46 PM
Well... I'll be comming most likely but I won't be driving a saab. Doug Im going to get that saab to my house sometime this week and part it out I suppose. Let me know what you want me to bring along with me to NE Ohio. I don't think I'm going to Run For the Hills now thou. Its a little further and my friend who will be comming with me wants to check out the rock and roll hall of fame. As for food saturday... Hot Dogs and Burgers sound good to me. I'll bring a cooler full of beer. :-)

Tweek's Turbos
10th May 2004, 03:43 PM
I'm regretfully sorry Cleve, but do to my sister graduating that weekend, mom was very persuasive about me being in Albany the whole weekend. Not just my intended Sat evening to Sunday. :roll: :cry:

I will hope to meet SaabScott and whomever may make it to the Canadian meet on June 5th.

CleveSaab
10th May 2004, 05:12 PM
:evil:

Tweek's Turbos
10th May 2004, 07:39 PM
I was really looking forward to meeting more than just the PA Saab Crew. Perhaps Saabtoberfest?

DeLorean
10th May 2004, 08:30 PM
Tweeks, are you going to carlisle?

Tweek's Turbos
10th May 2004, 10:43 PM
No, it falls on the weekend Cleves meet is, and I will be in Albany.

dougsaab
11th May 2004, 08:30 AM

I'm interested in the carpeting from the trunk. I don't think I need anything else at this time as I have spares of almost everything else.

dougsaab
14th May 2004, 11:58 PM
Blue is running again after down for three weeks. I actually have the test equipment for that fuel injection and decided to hook it up after being baffled for two weeks. The machine found insufficient grounds to the fuel injectors, so after cleaning the main grounding point in the engine bay, it lives again.

The black 99 got new rubber and a new battery on monday, and the hood gets re-painted tomorrow, so it will be there also.

Since I can only drive one at a time, they both won't be there at the same time.

That's too bad about tweeks not being able to make it. I try to meet as many Saab addicts as I can, because there aren't too many in my neck of the woods.

SaabScott
16th May 2004, 08:10 PM
OK, things have changed for me a little too now ... but it's not bad news! :cheesy:

My wife has decided to stay home with my youngest son, so it will just be me and Dyllan ... and we are going to join you guys camping! :cheesy: :cheesy:
I have to cancel my reservation at the hotel, but other than that, we are good to go.
I even think we will hit the road earlier than I was originally planning.

Tweek's, sorry to hear you can't make it, just don't miss out on the Canadian meet! :nono;

:cheesy:

Viscouse
16th May 2004, 09:56 PM
Well, plans change for me too, such is life's little quirks.

I'm still coming Friday night, but I'll be at the Best Western Elyria.

...and I'm bringing a SAAB flag. :cheesy:

SaabScott
16th May 2004, 11:03 PM
Room for about 15-18 more people at the campground.

If you are planning to camp and have not put your name on the list I REALLY need to know if you want to camp. Limited to 40 bodies there.

Cleve, besides letting you know, is there anything else we need to do?
I was originally signed up to bring some good ol' Canadian beer. Do I need to add anything else since I am going to camp?

And just for clarification, I'm assuming that everyone is out of the park Sunday and back to work Monday, right?
If so, then I will do the same thing ...

CleveSaab
18th May 2004, 09:42 PM
Yes, back to work Monday :( .
I am going to have burgers, dogs buns and condiments. Maybe pick up some chips/pretzels/snacks??

Just remember alchohol isn't allowed in state parks (keep it in your trunk). However, I have never gone to one without it. They are very cool about it as long as you aren't an obnoxious drunk and making a ton of noise at night.
I even got busted twice in the same night because we were drinking and noisy. They just said 'quiet down, dump the beer' and let us be, both times. We went to bed after the 2nd time.
I think we are all mature enough to be quietly drunk, eh? hehehe :wink:

dougsaab
20th May 2004, 07:51 PM
Cleve> what time will you be arriving tomorrow evening?

CleveSaab
21st May 2004, 11:03 AM
4-5 at the latest.

Munki
21st May 2004, 03:14 PM
They are very cool about it as long as you aren't an obnoxious drunk and making a ton of noise at night.

Good job I'm not attending then. Although I might get special dispensation being English and all :wink:

dougsaab
21st May 2004, 11:46 PM
Well, Cleve and I were the only ones to show up for the first night. We had some major rain this afternoon and the campsites were a bit soggy, but better weather is in the forecast for the rest of the weekend.

I will be back sometime tomorrow...hope a few more show up.