Stickers.. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Stickers..

bassist5
29th March 2004, 11:30 AM
What does everyone think about putting stickers on cars? I put a sticker on one of my guitars yesterday, and God damn I regret it now. Seemed like a good idea at first tho.
I'm considering whether I should put some on my car or not (well, my parent's car..) It's not like my guitar where I can't do anything other than repaint it, I guess on the car, if all else fails, I can replace the bumper.. Might cost a bit, but eh.

So, stickers on cars.. Yes or no, and why? Feel free to post pictures of whatever stickers you may have already :cheesy:

Ben
29th March 2004, 11:41 AM
I`m not a great fan of stickers on cars myself. The only sticker on my car is the Saabcentral one 8)

Although the stickers you put on your car may look good at first, over time they fade and just look a mess. Then when you remove them (if you can) they usually leave a mark :roll:

Ben.

rage
29th March 2004, 11:42 AM
I had stickers on my old Ford Fiesta which was a POS but since then i`ve refrained from putting stickers on any car i`ve owned. Even saabcentral and other saab ones haven`t appeared on my t16s yet.

I feel they make the car tacky, but each to their own. Its personal preference really.

Abbott 900
29th March 2004, 11:47 AM
Personally I can't stand any sort of stickers on cars at all... That has to be a pet hate of mine...

TheKomoman
29th March 2004, 12:13 PM
Personally I can't stand any sort of stickers on cars at all... That has to be a pet hate of mine...

You're not alone in that. I don't even like the dealer decal! :lol:

David!
29th March 2004, 12:42 PM
The only stickers on my car now are the dealer tax disc holder and an SOC sticker.

David!

yfs87
29th March 2004, 12:46 PM
bassist5 - how long u been playin, what u play, etc...PM me cuz i dont feel like gettin yelled at...lol

anyway yea im not a sticker person, if i do, its in the rear window with tape (inside) for short periods of time, for a week or so i was runnin one that said "there is dirt under every bush"...i thought it was amusing i just have a big shocker in my car that i can use to get my point across, you guys should really pick one upwww.bigshocker.com

Oliver_u
29th March 2004, 12:59 PM
Sorry but to me stickers are the highest form of vulgarity. :evil: Original badges no prob, but other than that, sitckers on my car are limited to the tax disc holder, insurance info and MOT sticker on the inside of the windscreen (which are all obligatory here)

Hey but that's just me though :cheesy:

GearHead
29th March 2004, 01:47 PM
I have a small skier dude (5X5) inside my rear window.Let me see if I can find my digi camera.

Tone_Depear
29th March 2004, 04:21 PM
Stickers are often useful for covering up rust...

DaCuBaN
29th March 2004, 07:30 PM
Or cigarette burns on the dash.... one of my mates only found out last week he had a nasty burn on the surround of his Golf after I started 'picking' at a sticker the previous owner had used

Proper background work there methinks :D

brunp
29th March 2004, 07:35 PM
I put a sticker on my previous Volvo S40 from the vptuning.com website on the lower bumper. The dealer asked me if I did any tuning to the car because if I did, I would void the warranty. They didn't believe me at first, but all I did was place the sticker on the car.....

What is wrong with that?

Anyway....I am not putting anything on my car....sorry, SaabCentral, but your sticker is included in this as well.

Paul

SaabScott
29th March 2004, 07:36 PM
Personally, I don't like to have any badges, stickers, or anything on my car ... I like the clean look.

In fact, I agonized over where I would put my Saab Central window sticker! :roll:
Fortunately, I found a great place at the bottom of the back window ... blends right in and stands out at the same time! :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
29th March 2004, 08:21 PM
When I was younger and took my automobiles as an extension of my karma :roll: stickers were out. Then the kids came along and stuck their "Garbadge Pale" stickers, when ever I wasn't watching. I think they wanted me to decide who/what was more important. 8)
Now the kids have left home... I have one sticker on the car (my marine radio handle).

SaabScott
29th March 2004, 08:24 PM
When I was younger and took my automobiles as an extension of my karma :roll: stickers were out. Then the kids came along and stuck their "Garbadge Pale" stickers, when ever I wasn't watching. I think they wanted me to decide who/what was more important. 8)
Now the kids have left home... I have one sticker on the car (my marine radio handle).

I thought you were going to say that you traded the kids in for a set of tires or something! :wink: :wink:

(pretending I am Munki ... :wink: :wink: )

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Willy Wonka
29th March 2004, 08:30 PM
Good imitation. :lol: Nope I knew I'd miss them, but tempting :roll: They did really widen my perpective. Stickers and fingerprints of soft tasty swirl icecream. :o

Crevalle
21st May 2004, 04:21 PM
I will not put bumper stickers on my vehicle, period.

But, I do appreciate it when others have stickers on their cars. It really provides a window for understanding the driver.

For instance:

"Free Tibet" = Wacko
"Re-defeat Bush" = denial coupled with anger
"Free Leonard Peltier" = Unintelligent
"Bush/Cheney" = Intelligent

:wink:

Jerry03Arc
21st May 2004, 04:24 PM
"Re-defeat Bush" = denial coupled with anger

:wink:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Automaggot
21st May 2004, 04:26 PM
Anyone know where I can get a SaabCentral decal?

20Ted
21st May 2004, 04:56 PM
Anyone know where I can get a SaabCentral decal?

Right HERE (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5141).

20Ted
21st May 2004, 04:59 PM
I thought you were going to say that you traded the kids in for a set of tires or something! :wink: :wink:

(pretending I am Munki ... :wink: :wink: )

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Shouldn't give Mrs. Munki any ideas! :cheesy:

Jezzadee
21st May 2004, 05:36 PM

*helpless laughter*

No stickers on mine.

DanComden
21st May 2004, 06:23 PM
I'm not a huge fan of stickers myself, but after applying a
lot of vinyl (http://www.teamd.org/rallylog/archives/images/wrx-rear.html) to a couple of cars for the Alcan5000 rally, I've learned that removal isn't as heartwrenching as I thought it would be. A hair dryer and some mild solvent will do wonders. Of course, we're not fanatic about having a perfect finish on these cars. A soft plastic scraper, like an old credit card, is a help as well.

But if I *was* going to get a sticker for my car in the near future, it would have to be this one (http://www.cafeshops.com/grandoldparty.5230471).

-*- Dan

Upstate-93
21st May 2004, 07:55 PM
No stickers on my car, in part because people who do business with me may not share my politics or other opinions, and not putting those opinions out there is the best way to not annoy anyone enough to lose their business. That, and I'm afraid of getting my car keyed...

valbowski1980
21st May 2004, 08:19 PM
I'm not a fan, however I do have the saabcentral one on my windscrene and and an ECSU on my hatch window. The last one is a vinil so it can be pulled whenever.

Slaab4life
21st May 2004, 10:19 PM
Oh boy, here we go again, everyone get what you have to say in because their gonna lock up the thread with one of Crevalle's Bush endorsements. LOL. :lol:

bassist5
21st May 2004, 10:23 PM
Oh boy, here we go again, everyone get what you have to say in because their gonna lock up the thread with one of Crevalle's Bush endorsements. LOL. :lol:

Lmao!

cacarpen
22nd May 2004, 01:31 AM
I would never put a sticker on my car body, but in my old protege, I had a State Highway Patrol sticker in the lower left rear windshield, right where the cops would be sure to notice it as they walked up. I swear that got me out of at least a few tickets... :cheesy:

goalkeeper21
22nd May 2004, 02:45 PM
I just have the decal of fairleigh dickinson on it I am not really keen on stickers either, but there are really funny ones I must say!
Tony

benji9k
22nd May 2004, 03:06 PM
I had a pile and a half of stickers on my volvo, made it easy to recognize, but not too good looking. On my newer saab all I have are 2 classy viggen stickers on the rear quarter windows.

spence
22nd May 2004, 04:04 PM
ive just got s/c back window top and soc front screen top i thought about widdes 900aero.but dont know if it will tip it over to many :roll: hi widde :wink:

garry
22nd May 2004, 04:24 PM
I quite often see cars (small cars) with Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer etc on the back window......

As I have always been more of a rock and roll type of person I would prefer my thunderous T16 to sport a 'Marshall, Amplification' sticker on my back window :D

That would rock :cheesy:

but they dont exist :-?

heli-saaber
22nd May 2004, 05:30 PM
In general, I don't like stickers - especially those that give dealers free advertising! Had lots of fun with one new car a few years back - I removed the dealer sticker in the rear window, car went in for its first service - I removed the dealer sticker from the rear window .... this went on for a while until they gave up (or ran out of stickers). One of my 95V4s still has the original dealer sticker in the rear window - after 30 years I reckon it's earned the right to stay there. SOC stickers, discreetly placed, are allowed, too.

In the 70s when banning the bomb and "stop the bl**dy whaling" were the in-thing, I saw one bumper sticker in the States that declared "Nuke the bl**dy whales" :evil: My ex-USMC fighter pilot buddy sent me this one - pink-coloured sticker with the USMC crest and "Dying a Natural Death is for Pussies" :D :cheesy: Semper fi.

Upstate-93
22nd May 2004, 07:13 PM
I spent an hour and a half removing the dealer sticker when I got my car. If they put a new one on when I go in for my 30-day on Monday I'll burn down the dealership!