1000km BSR PPC Review [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 1000km BSR PPC Review

Saba
29th March 2004, 05:46 AM
I got my PPC last Friday for my 2.0t. I put it on and went driving 1000km around the countryside over the last 4 days.

Immediate impressions: WOW! the difference is huge. Most noticeably in 2nd and 3rd gear (5sp manual), the boost from the turbo throws you back into your seat. I felt that there was a little bit more turbo lag but not significant.

On the way to pick up my girlfriend I had a lowered 3.5L V6 Mitsubishi Magna (Diamante in the US) try to pick me off at the lights. We travelled neck and neck for 50m before we reached a dual lane roundabout which merged onto the freeway. We both came off the roundabout at the same time and just before I straightened, I put the foot down, the turbo spooled up and when I had straightened I was at 3000rpm (torque sweet spot) and a fully spooled turbo. It was lift off, in a few seconds I was 3-4 car lengths in front and just continued to pull away. I merged onto the freeway at 140km/h with the Mitsu just a speck in the rear mirror.

Picked up my girlfriend and after about an hour driving I went to overtake a slow car. I was going about 100km/h, dropped it into 3rd and both of us were just pushed back into our seats. She looked at me and said "alright, what have you done to this car?" :cheesy:

The BSR PPC would have to be the best bang for bucks out there. If you want your 2.0t to perform BETTER than an Aero, then do it. I driven Aero's before and they don't compare to the PPC upgrade. My mind only boggles at the thought of the PPC on the 2.0T.

Evn in 4th gear, the car has so much more pull. I can plant it in 4th and the pick up is amazing.

I'm going to organise a dyno this week and post some before and after charts.

BSR PPC = 10/10
:cheesy:

mjwells
29th March 2004, 05:48 AM
My pulse is racing!

Mine's here any day now - 2.0T! :)

Good post Saba,
Michael

nestoraero
29th March 2004, 08:50 AM
These are good news Saba!!!!Well done!!!!

Even if I didn't like the aero comparison part.... :lol: :lol: (just kidding)

The before and after dyno is the best thing to do.. :wink:
I'm intersted to see the "after" dyno and even more interested to see it from an aero owner..
I'm going to do the same thing in a couple of months... :D

mjwells
29th March 2004, 08:52 AM
These are good news Saba!!!!Well done!!!!

Even if I didn't like the aero comparison part.... :lol: :lol: (just kidding)

The before and after dyno is the best thing to do.. :wink:
I'm intersted to see the "after" dyno and even more interested to see it from an aero owner..
I'm going to do the same thing in a couple of months... :D

I'm looking into getting the dyno run done. :)

M

nestoraero
29th March 2004, 08:59 AM
I'm looking into getting the dyno run done. :)

M

Looking forward to it.. :wink: :D

moz
29th March 2004, 11:50 AM
thumbs up

I have to wait till I recover from this round of mods but the PPC is next on my list :cheesy:

SS
29th March 2004, 02:25 PM
I dont think that i gave a PPC review on my Vector 2.0T. Well as Saba said, yup you better believe it. I think that half the times im on the roads, i would be the fastest car. First gear is useless as its all wheel spin. Second gear is where i feel a lot of torque steeer (maybe cause of our f***** up roads) and third gear is where i take off, literally. I was testing the car the other time on a 50 km/h zone. I stopped at the light and i said im gonna floor first second and third. I looked at the speedo and i was going freakin 145 km/h in a 50 zone. Not that smart i know bas without the PPC, my car would have not done that, ever. I never would have thought that the PPC would make such a noticable difference in my car's power.

Now about Saba mentioning that he has noticed a little more turbo lag. I dont know if thats the case with me. I thought i felt less turbo lag, but could it be different considering its installed on a different or similar engine. My thoughts is that the transmission plays a vital role in this? Comments?

You guys wanna have fun?? If your car is tuned with the PPC and the ITG/JR air filter, take the car on a road where you are on top of a bridge and stay on the left side next to the wall. Keep pressing and letting your turbo spool up. You will hear the turbo like you never did before and FOR ONCE, you can actually SERIOUSLY hear the cars engine screaming at 2nd Gear. Personally, i think its the most interesting gear. 3rd is just fast. Torque is even felt on 5th gear and for that to be possible on a car, then the car is a powerful one! If anyone is hesitating to purchase the PPC, i must inform everyone that i am recommending it FULLY!!! 8) :cheesy:

jcancio
29th March 2004, 02:34 PM
Good review! I'm sold.

Just finished the clear-bra install and time
to start saving $1k for the ppc upgrade. :)

Vector-SS
29th March 2004, 03:27 PM
With the winter tires on, there is sometimes even some wheelspin just by flooring it in second

Saba
30th March 2004, 06:26 AM
I uploaded the factory settings tonight.The car is going back into the shop for a wheel alignment/balance. Since they rotated the wheels at the service the car veers slightly to the left. Thought it would be wise to restore factory settings beforehand. The difference is very noticeable. I think the power delivery is smoother (more linear) with the factory settings and more exponential with the BSR ECU. Still think the factory settings are nothing to sneeze at but I can't wait to put the BSR back on.