SaabCentral Forums banner

2010 - 2011 Saab 9-5 trivia questions

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  h978886 
#1 ·
I have been told that not many 2010-2011 Saab 9-5s were manufactured and that it would be rare to see another one on the road often. Well I have seen three on the road this past week (One Aero model and two non-Aero models, all different colors).

This leads me to the following two questions of the day:

1) what is the total number of 2010 9-5's manufactured and how many were exported to USA?

3) what is the total number of 2011 9-5's manufactured and how many were exported to USA?

Since closure of Saab these numbers were never released and may only be known by a few former Saab employees. If detail or estimates exists, it would be cool to find out how many Aero models are included in each year totals.

#2 ·
The International Saab Group NG 9-5 Facebook page has the info in the files section for the 2011s. Breaks down by turbo4, turbo4 premium, turbo4 manual, turbo6, and aero.

I have heard between 500-600 for 2010s.

#3 ·
I put in a group join request to the following link if this is the correct group.
There is not any information/ docs available to public, but it may be there when the join request is accepted.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162858857140881/

If the numbers are below 1,000 it was indeed very strange to see three different 9-5s in a week. Especially since I only commute 16 miles a day. I have yet to see another Java black one.

#7 ·
I can see it being a collector's item. A collector's item with significant value? Probably not. Rarity and value do not always go hand in hand. Rarity + desirability, now that's another story.

Wow, I didn't realize how old your comment was:cheesy:;ol;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.