SaabCentral Forums banner

Forum suggestions (NG9-5)

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Viperslice 
#1 ·
Folks,

I was just upgraded to a moderator for our forum. Please let me know how we can better organize our thoughts within the boards!

Thanks

Zach

#2 ·
I'm interested in modifications people make to their cars, such as aftermarket wheels, tires, snow tires. Also if anyone is having a problem that others can weigh in or help with. Saab Parts NA is going to be offering us a chance to get a warranty so that will be something worth following, along with the other part of that where we can get a free oil change with BG additives that includes some type of limited lifetime protection. We are a group that has been left without support from any corporate interest for a fairly long time. Now that GM has agreed to resume coverage of Saabs up to 2009 we are still left hanging. So I'd be very interested in any good news for us as it comes in. I'm coming up on 30000 miles so will be making a service visit to my dealer and will try to get some answers at that time which I will share with the group. Also am shopping tires and have found that our OEM tires are load rated at 100XL so that narrows our choices tremendously. Anyways, good luck and I will continue to be a contributor as long as I own the car.

#4 ·
Hello,

I'm just about to purchase a June 2010 (MY '11) 2.0T 220hp Auto XWD here in the UK with 19k miles on the clock.

The XWD frankly makes me a little nervous - so how about a sub-section (a sticky might do initially) that can bring all the communal XWD experience / problems / issues / fixes together in one place?

Perhaps sub-sections for other "special" interest areas (particularly those that seem to cause issues) such as Infotainment / Nav / Rear Light bulbs / Seat Heaters etc. might be useful too...?

Chris.

#6 ·
OEM Specs

I think a good part of the mechanical/electrical section should include all the OEM specs on our cars. This can be as detailed as performance ratings for the xwd system to light bulb part numbers, and may include reviews/experiences on products. It looks like Rock Auto has finally started supporting aftermarket parts for our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.