SE performance exhaust and rear rotors [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SE performance exhaust and rear rotors

williamsvr6
26th March 2004, 01:04 PM
Hi guys, I just bought my first saab yesterday and I love it! I know there aren't too many performance mods for this engine, but i'm just looking for a high performance exhaust, and rear rotors. I was also wondering if a blow off valve would have any positive effects on this engine.

Thanks,
Kellan Williams

Simon
26th March 2004, 02:39 PM
Try Nick @ www.genuinesaab.com for Rotors and exhaust.

A BOV is not recommended for trionic equipped cars as it upsets the ECU.

williamsvr6
26th March 2004, 04:07 PM
does the turbo inlet pipe on that site fit on the SE. I saw a lot of performance parts on there that say "All 9-5" but I wasn't sure if that includes the SE.

Simon
28th March 2004, 09:16 AM
'SE' is just a trim level, so yes they would fit.

Simon.

williamsvr6
29th March 2004, 10:13 PM
but the SE is a V6 instead of the I4

Simon
30th March 2004, 04:31 AM
Oh o.k. that's not the case in Europe...

GenSaab
30th March 2004, 09:57 AM
2000 - 2003 SE / ARC are V6 in the USA. For MY 2004 It was replaced with detuned aero 4cyl :!

Aside from air filter there are not many options for the six. The V6 was tuned for low end and will never make peak power like the 4cyl Aero.

williamsvr6
30th March 2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys

Mattlach
2nd April 2004, 12:52 PM
For MY 2004 It was replaced with detuned aero 4cyl :!

No offense to anyone who has one but GOOD RIDDENS! I'm glad the Saab engineers won out over the GM execs trying to push that GM V6 that they really didn't want, on them.

Mattlach
2nd April 2004, 03:43 PM
Hi guys, I just bought my first saab yesterday and I love it! I know there aren't too many performance mods for this engine, but i'm just looking for a high performance exhaust, and rear rotors. I was also wondering if a blow off valve would have any positive effects on this engine.

Thanks,
Kellan Williams

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any hardware updates you do (perf. exhaust, air filter, etc. etc.) will have no effect what so ever because of the Trionic 7. The Trionic 7 will adjust to give you the same power levels as before.

If you do these updates in conjunction with an ECU update you may get some performance improvement out of it, but you are probably looking at quite a lot of cash, for only a small increase in power. And I don't even think I have seen any V6 ECU updates...

EDIT:
I did some googling and turned up this perf upgrade for the V6 you may find interesting. I dont know where it retails outside of sweden though.

http://nordictuning.com/saabtuning/9-5_sedan/tuning-index.html/9-5_v6_w_99-01_aut_st2.html

The price they list (13,500 SEK) is roughly $1,780 U.S.

Let us know how it goes...