SaabCentral Forums banner

Trunk LED bar failing

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dryplaid 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to access the 4 red LED bars on the rear trunk? Want to check if I can repair LEDs myself but first I need to get to them...

#4 ·
should be pretty simple to resolder the LEDs but I have no idea how to get in and don't want to do it by trial and error so if anyone have done it I would love to know... :)

@imspace2, my car is almost identical to yours 2011, glacier silver, turbo4 premium but has nav. Picked mine up in Dec with 30 miles on it!

#6 ·
Simik a gentlemen that repairs SIDs is willing work on the light bar for free in order to get to the bottom of this quality issue. Please contact him via the LA Saab Club page and see if y'all can get together. I am actually down in SD and haven't been able to make it up there.

We are all going to be at the Swedish Car Fest in Redondo beach June 1st come out and say hello.

should be pretty simple to resolder the LEDs but I have no idea how to get in and don't want to do it by trial and error so if anyone have done it I would love to know... :)

@imspace2, my car is almost identical to yours 2011, glacier silver, turbo4 premium but has nav. Picked mine up in Dec with 30 miles on it!

#7 ·
FYI,

By now my light bar is nearly completely out as well. With a new part costing $400+ I am dealing with it until there is known fix out. Also my reverse light was not working which is also not replaceable. Good thing all that took was reseating the harness on the tailight itself and now its good to go.

#8 ·
Rear led light bar

I have a 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero. The middle section just went out. On another forum a poster replied "just crack it open, resolder it, done".

Let me tell you. Removing that light bar is difficult. After 2 hours removing it, examining, and giving up, I put it back in. There are a lot of screws and pins, and then there are two hideously gruesome clips that hold it in place. I do not believe it possible to remove the light bar without breaking these.

Once I had it out, my brother and I examined it to see if we thought we could break into it (Crack it open). We didnt see a way to do it. Ill wait for a fix.

Its going to be apx $600 at the dealer after labor. I welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.