SaabCentral Forums banner

2011 9-5 Turbo 4 Premium: Stereo Problem?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jc-place 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Was hoping someone might suggest some things to try about this issue.

My car has been working great since I bought it, but today at lunchtime the stereo started acting up.

When the car starts up, the stereo starts on the same radio station I left it, but only plays for a couple of seconds and then freezes.

Once it freezes it becomes quiet, and no button input (change source, power, etc.) has any impact on it, except the volume button. The volume button still raises and lowers the volume indicator on the screen, but otherwise has no impact.

Upon shutting off the car, and starting it back up again, the process repeats. I get audio for a second or two, and then it freezes.

I thought maybe cycling the power would help, so I disconnected the battery for a half an hour and reconnected it again. I had to go through an amusing little ritual of opening and closing each window after this guided by the info screen, but when complete, the stereo still behaved the same way.

Today was a particularly unpleasant day with heavy wet snow. I wonder if humidity somehow got in where it doesn't belong and is causing some sort of short?

Any ideas regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated. I miss listening to the news during my drives to and from work. It's very quiet and boring

Thanks,
Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess we can file this one under "intermittent".

As quickly as it appeared, the problem randomly disappeared.

I've had a few other electrical issues in this car (which is to be expected in early year models of a new design). The sun roof occasionally freezes in place and won't close fully.

I wonder if they are related in any way.

Anyway, for now all is good!

#5 ·
I have had the same issue with non nav unit. My screen tells there is a communication error with iPhone and my iPhone says its not compatible with accessory. I have been pulling the fuse every four days to reset it. I will look into what you mentioned.

Anyone else had this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.