Need help ordering sports chassis kit [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Need help ordering sports chassis kit

dmcnamara
22nd March 2004, 01:12 AM
Does anyone know where to find the spring numbers that tell you which version of the sports chassis kit to order? I dug around under the hood but did not find anything that looked correct.

Thanks

Dan

finklejag
22nd March 2004, 02:08 AM
Give [email]Nick@]Genuine SAAB (www.genuinesaab.com[/email) a call. He can tell you what the part number is. He can get the kit for a little bit cheaper then the dealer also.

A couple of guys are looking into buying the kit. SAAB's book rate for the install is 6 hours. Most dealers are saying it will be 11+ hours to install it. So you will be looking at close to $1,000 for the install.

It will probably be cheaper to buy aftermarket shocks and springs.

Saba
22nd March 2004, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know where to find the spring numbers that tell you which version of the sports chassis kit to order? I dug around under the hood but did not find anything that looked correct.

Thanks

DanMy understanding the sports chassi version you need is build date dependent. When i was enquiring about it I needed to provide my build date to get the correct version. Your dealers hould have this in the parts list.

mbodo
22nd March 2004, 11:43 PM
Give [email]Nick@]Genuine SAAB (www.genuinesaab.com[/email) a call. He can tell you what the part number is. He can get the kit for a little bit cheaper then the dealer also.

A couple of guys are looking into buying the kit. SAAB's book rate for the install is 6 hours. Most dealers are saying it will be 11+ hours to install it. So you will be looking at close to $1,000 for the install.

Good luck trying to get anyone to commit at the book rate of 6 hours. What a joke .. the lowest I got so far was 8 hours (one hour was dedicated to reprogramming the ECU to accept the new chassis geometry).

One thing the sports chassis gives you over springs & shocks/struts is the anti roll bars and new bushings.

Reds 9-3
29th March 2004, 12:12 PM

Good luck trying to get anyone to commit at the book rate of 6 hours. What a joke .. the lowest I got so far was 8 hours (one hour was dedicated to reprogramming the ECU to accept the new chassis geometry).

One thing the sports chassis gives you over springs & shocks/struts is the anti roll bars and new bushings.I am having the sport chassis kit installed this Friday 4-02-04, and I will let you know how much the labor comes to. The kit was $415.00 so I can probably expect anywhere from $1000 to $1200, I hope. If it comes down to it I will make SAAB honor the six hour install time, they should stand behind thier parts/accessories and honor the quoted time within reason of course. Having said all that I have a pretty good relationship with my service manager so I am sure it can be worked out.Let me know if this sounds crazy but if we are all being told or charged twice what the install time is quoted as saying in the service manual, should`nt we all contact SAAB and let them know about it? :-?

jxdever
31st March 2004, 04:23 PM
I'm anxious to see what the labor time and costs end up being, as I'm ready to order it in the next couple weeks. Good luck.

Reds 9-3
31st March 2004, 09:27 PM
I'm anxious to see what the labor time and costs end up being, as I'm ready to order it in the next couple weeks. Good luck.I will keep everyone posted on the whole experience, I will also post before and after photos for everyone. But unfortunately we will all have to wait another week, my parts won`t be in until the 7th so I am rescheduled for the 9th to have it done.