SaabCentral Forums banner

YEEEE my 9-5 AERO

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tona955 
#1 ·
I have always had Saabs since my Uni days but due to kids had to sell and buy a people carrier some years back..BUT...

I finally found one locally a Black 9-5 Aero with a bad bottom end rattle, a 2001 model...having gone through the oil sludging issue with my last Aero's I thought hell I can fix that..and I got it very cheap,, is MOTed for a year with 3 months TAX on it...

It is now in my garage with the engine out in bits, been working on it lasr 3 nights after work, all cleaned up and ready to bolt back in hopefully tonight with some good music and beer.

The Crank shells were in a bad shape as was the crank (replacement sorted), cylinder head and timing chain cover were caked with thick sludge, balancer shafts removed and cleaned up also, stripped it all down and cleaned for two days with every chemical I could find.

It is now looking like new and will be running by the morning I hope after a final engine flush.

All I wanted to say is that it is great having a 9-5 Aero again and back on the forum.

Regards
Max

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.