2004 95 AERO UPGRADES [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 2004 95 AERO UPGRADES

DMAN701
20-03-04, 02:30 AM
I AM LOOKING TO BUY AN ECU UPGRADE AS WELL AS A DELIVERY PIPE UPGRADE WITH NEWER STYLE AIR FILTER, FOR A 2004 SAAB 95 AERO. WHO SHOULD I BUY FROM? AND WHY? THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS PURCHASE. I LIVE IN NJ ARE THERE ANY LOCAL SAAB CLUBS?

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Lanceber
23-03-04, 12:46 PM
Today I have a SpeedParts/BSR PPC stage 3 installed with a open air filter and a 3" down-pipe with sport cat.....RUNS Great.

I am waiting on a good solution for a delivery pipe and cat-back exhaust.....seems these are harder to find at a good price for the 2004.

I got everything from Nick at GenuineSaab.com- TaliaferroSaab.com and I have been very happy with the service, support and sales I have recived from them.

Toll Free 866.499.1068
parts@taliaferrosaab.com
http://www.genuinesaab.com

Lance from Houston
2004 Steel Grey 95, PPC-3, 18" Ronal LV's

Stoffe
26-03-04, 05:42 PM
I would recommend a Stage 3 tuning by Nordic Motorsports. It will provide 300 bhp and a 440 nm torque that kicks in soft and gently. I have driven a 9-5 Aero -04 with this tuningkit and I can say that it was the most pleasant testdrive I have ever done. At 120 mph I made a "kickdown" in 5th gear and the acceleration was instant and as powerful as the original cars acceleration in 4th gear in 75 mph! :o
I went to 155 mph in an instant and the car kept accelerating fast, but I didn't have the gutts to go on.
You can find more info on this webpage:
http://nordictuning.com/saabtuning/9-5_sedan/tuning-index.html/9-5_aero_02-04_st3.html

Simon
26-03-04, 05:48 PM
It's a shame Nordic are so expensive...

Stoffe
26-03-04, 06:01 PM
We've been having the discussion whether you get what you pay for or not in our swedish forum at http://forum.saabturboclub.com/phpbb1/ but the opinion always differs. I'd say you do since I have tried tuning from other companys and are now completly satisfied with Nordic. Mostly it's the stainless Ferrita exhaust that cost's a lot of money, but you do get a perfect and easy fit and lifetime warranty with it.
Other then that, Nordic is the only swedish tuningcompany that have managed to get 300 bhp from a 9-5 Aero without changing intercooler, turbo, intakepipe to the turbo and injectors.
Many people say it's not a very healthy environment for the engine but I haven't heard of any broken down enginges were the tuning was the "bad guy" yet. I'd say it must be some sort of proof of skills when Nordic is the only company with this 300 bhp Stage 3 tuning. Or what do you think?

Simon
26-03-04, 06:53 PM
Pushing the engine to it's limits with software without upgrading the hardware is potentially dangerous.

Stoffe
27-03-04, 02:24 AM
Yes, you're absolutely right. But all kinds of tuning pushes hardware closer to its limits. That's a risk you'll have to put into the equation. Take the 9-5 Aero for instance, pushing it to 300 bhp and 500 nm of torque will sure as h*ll shorten the life of the transmission. This goes for all the other SAABs aswell, more or less. Yet people are still tuning their cars.
But the better the tuner is, the smaller the risk of breakdown is. If you compare the same H/W and power.
Often you'll have to take the market demands in to the equation. If the market have a strong demand for 300 bhp in the 9-5, some tuner would of course provide it, one way or the other.
I had a little chat with Magnus at Nordic yesterday, and he said they'd love to include a larger turbo, larger injectors and larger intercooler to their stage 3 tuning but then it would cost ALOT more. And the market for this kinda tuning would be reduced alot. Therefore they stick with the present stage 3 and get alot of satisfied customers.

DrBoost
09-04-04, 03:40 PM
Hej !

I just need to say a few words...
It is my "humble opinion" that 300 bhp/440 Nm is FAR BEYOND all limits for the hardware.
To get a "good result" you need to change some h/w.
That's the facts !

Stoffe
09-04-04, 06:48 PM
Hi Mr Boost!
Of Course the best possible solution would be to change the hardware, but it would increase the cost alot. You as well as I know that almost everybody would like to gain as much horsepower as possible without changing the hardware. I guess that's why Nordic has come up with this solution.
In a couple of months I have upgraded my car with the same H/W & S/W mods and then I can start to give my long term jugdement.
Have a nice day!

DrBoost
10-04-04, 05:14 AM
Hej !

Stoffe>>
We've had this discussion before, we can agree upon that making a "proffesional tuning kit" costs money.
And the market does'nt want to pay.....

However, I wish you a very "Glad Påsk"

Stoffe
10-04-04, 09:39 AM
Hej !

Stoffe>>
We've had this discussion before, we can agree upon that making a "proffesional tuning kit" costs money.
And the market does'nt want to pay.....

However, I wish you a very "Glad Påsk"Glad påsk to you 2!
I agree with you as usuall!