h20 injection in ng900/9-3 anyone? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: h20 injection in ng900/9-3 anyone?

conradFL
11th June 2002, 04:16 PM
as you guess from my name, I live in FL and we're hitting the summer right now, 95F heat and ~75 humidity.......

Not friendly towards a turbocharger, especially in city driving!!

does anyone here run h20 injection or other mods of this type, intercooler spray..?

I want to stick with the intercooler on my 9-3 base (185hp @ crank) and run h20 injection to get a nice cool charge, the T25 isn't very big on these beasts and since a turbo upgrade is not within my budget at all, I figure I can live with maximizing (or at least improving) the efficiency of the T25.

anyone got any experiences to report? tia

brad
12th June 2002, 09:33 PM
I run water injection a several SAAB's. Basicly it makes the engine run like a 40F day when it is 100F outside. We run about 20psi on pump gas with few modifications.

conradFL
13th June 2002, 04:16 AM
is the "starter system" by Aquamist sufficient?...I won't be taking my car to the track or anything anytime soon, it's a daily driver...are those temperature figures literal, or do you just mean it really works well? thanx

ps: where is a good place to get an autometer (or equivalent) boost gauge & is it a simple DIY install for a 9-3?

brad
13th June 2002, 10:42 PM
The basic system will help but since it is a constant flow when actovated, flow does not change with rpm it would be working on the to 30% of ther boost range. The is a kit called the 2c from Aquamist that can be modified to flow water proportional to fuel flow. That would work best where you are as you can turn it on sooner and increase flow to match engine load.
As for the boost gauge you can get a universal gauge pod and mount it on the windshield pillar. Autometer has some as does http://www.gaugepods.com I beleive.

conradFL
14th June 2002, 11:50 AM
thanks a lot!