April 2004 Motor Trend [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: April 2004 Motor Trend

escalator guru
18th March 2004, 10:19 PM
Hey folks, the latest Motor Trend hosts a one-page article on the 9-2x and the 9-7. Contains the line "Who cares that it doesn't have a console-mounted igniton?"

SaabScott
18th March 2004, 10:32 PM
Hey folks, the latest Motor Trend hosts a one-page article on the 9-2x and the 9-7. Contains the line "Who cares that it doesn't have a console-mounted igniton?"

Hmmm ...

Shows how much they know. :nono;

escalator guru
18th March 2004, 10:59 PM

Hmmm ...

Shows how much they know. :nono;

I smell a few letters to the editor...

SPG900
18th March 2004, 11:10 PM
Give me the address already. :cheesy:

escalator guru
18th March 2004, 11:20 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0404_first_saab/index.html

There's the article. The quote in question is in the last graf on the first page.

Somewhere on the site you can e-mail the editors.

squishmann
19th March 2004, 10:52 PM
the problem with the saab 9-7 is for the price that MT is etimating people have better options(Touareg, MDX)

escalator guru
20th March 2004, 12:20 AM
The problem with the 9-7 is, MT is absolutely right... :(

CosmicSaab
20th March 2004, 09:23 AM

Now you don't know that. Please see the other thread in this section. The 9-7x will be good, tt will be its own, and it will have the center ignition.

fabric
23rd March 2004, 10:54 AM

Now you don't know that. Please see the other thread in this section. The 9-7x will be good, tt will be its own, and it will have the center ignition.

E715, do you have inside information that the 9-7 isn't just a rebadged, lowered GM? Neither, MT, Car & Driver or Road & Track have actually had one of these to test.

I think we need to refrain from judgement both ways; we don't know if it will be good or bad. The new GM midsize SUV's are good trucks, but not class leaders like the Volvo or VW SUV's.

CosmicSaab
23rd March 2004, 11:08 AM
I thought it was common knowledge that for starters it will have a shorter wheelbase and shorter overall length than the other GMT360s. That is known, C&D was repoting that from the start, and others have as well. It gets difficult to share body panels when when cars are different sizes. Also, many dealers have already been shown it and have had the chance to drive it as well. They have said that it looks and drives very differently from the others. They have been very impressed.