SaabCentral Forums banner

Quick question to any 2011 9-5 owner

Tags
2011 9-5
3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dryplaid 
#1 ·
Hello!

2011 9-5 is going to be shipped from one state to another and I won't be during loading.

Here's the thing: Could somebody please check if the 2011 9-5 has "DOOR ONLY" mode for theft alarm. The 2001 SAAB has it implemented, so that when you want to arm the alarm in door only mode, just after the engine if stopped and before leaving the vehicle and locking it, the NIGHTPANEL button can be pressed and held for couple seconds. As a result, one-time DOOR ONLY mode is enabled, so that extra sensors are inactive for that one time. This is confirmed by information being displayed.

I would appreciate if somebody could check this either in the car, or in the manual. I wouldn't like the tilt sensor or something else to trigger the alarm and drain battery.

If you have any advises, let me know, please.

Thanks!

Onek

Please let me know, if

See less See more
#5 ·
Guys!

I so much appreciate your feedback, as I really don't want to have battery drained or anything worse to happen.

I need to provide instruction to the driver. If you have the owner's manual handy so you could take a picture (like with mobile phone) of the instructions and attach it here, that'd be very helpful. Thank you!

Onek

#6 ·
I don't have the manual! The dealership is sorting that out for me.

It is literally a switch/button. that's it. It will light up to indicate it's active. So in other words if you want to lock the car with passengers, press this button first. The car will then lock with the alarm active, but no interior sensor active.

#9 ·
Does your car have a sunroof?

Mine does not, and in my manual the sunroof controls replace the 'door only' alarm switch. Perhaps the 'door only' setting for your car is buried somewhere in the computer under 'config.' then 'Vehicle settings'

It must be somewhere. I hope you can locate it!

Stewart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.