Another exhaust option [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Another exhaust option

finklejag
17th March 2004, 05:19 PM
The company is called Jetex. It the same company that makes the JR filters (Jetex Response). They are a UK company, and the exhaust are made in Sweden. I first learned about them when I was in the VW scene. Every person that had one really liked it. They never said anything bad about it. I contacted the only Jetex dealer in the US. I also emailed their headquarters in the UK. The price will fall in between $500-$600 dollars. Here is a picture of their exhaust for a MKIV VW.

http://www.newdimensions.com/images/exhaust/70mm_system_1.jpg

I will keep you guys informed.

joshd2012
18th March 2004, 01:13 AM
What size is it?

finklejag
18th March 2004, 02:54 AM
I don't know for sure. I will find out. I know the the one for VW is 2.75.

03_Saab 9-3
18th March 2004, 09:57 AM
Jetex does get pretty good reviews in the Dub world, i knew a few guys running Jetex, their cars always had a nice burbly deep pitch. Im actually thinking of going Jetex on my wife's cabrio.

pjku79
18th March 2004, 11:03 AM
is this out already or coming soon?

finklejag
18th March 2004, 02:25 PM
Its on the market in Europe already. The US dealer only sells VW/Audi Jetex exhaust. I contacted that dealer and he is going to call the UK and see if he can import the SAAB exhaust into the US.

Simon
23rd March 2004, 02:23 PM
I was talking to BSR today and within the next few weeks they will be offering four exhaust options for the 9-3SS. The main reason for this is that it seems Saab changed the fuel tank in 04' to a GM fuel tank from a Opel/Vauxhall Signum or something simular!

There will be two options for the 03' models - with and without bodykit and the same for the 04' models onwards with the new GM fuel tank.

Vector-SS
23rd March 2004, 03:40 PM
Interesting. I wonder why they would do that?

joshd2012
23rd March 2004, 03:56 PM
Will it be without a mid muffler?

finklejag
23rd March 2004, 04:03 PM

Which one? Both the Jetex and BSR have resonators.

Simon
23rd March 2004, 04:08 PM
The only difference will be the centre part of the pipe which will be a slightly different shape.

moz
23rd March 2004, 04:27 PM
Interesting. I wonder why they would do that?

Maybe saving a few dollars? :)

Out of curiosity I wonder if they will offer different exhaust tips - all the BSR ones I've seen have been dual tipped outlets.

joshd2012
23rd March 2004, 04:40 PM

Which one? Both the Jetex and BSR have resonators.

Well, I know that JT offers exhaust systems which you can get with or without mid-mufflers. I want the the exhaust system to be as straight through as possible. Any suggestions? I don't think I am exactly sure where/what the resonator is?

finklejag
23rd March 2004, 05:31 PM
The first small muffler is also called a resonator.

moz
23rd March 2004, 07:17 PM
Also keep in mind that if you did indeed have the resonator removed with a straight pipe you would get a LOT of noise in the cabin potentially (depending on how the exhaust system is tuned of course).

Most of the resonators are fairly straight through in design (at least from these type of companies making the cat-backs) so I don't think you have to worry too much about losing significant performance there.

joshd2012
23rd March 2004, 07:32 PM
If I am going to spend the money, I might as well do it right. I do not mind an exhaust sound in the cabin (my stereo is usually too loud to hear anything but). Its the same reason I will only replace the DP with one that only has one cat. I see no reason to have two. I guess it all depends on what is availible when I decide to buy.

veritas137
29th March 2004, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, I was the one who got Jetex to bring the VW exhaust over here and they used my car for fitment. I'll call Jason at ND tomorrow and see how this is coming and will of course provide my car for testing if needed. ;)

The Jetex setup on my car made good power and was the best sounding exhaust I'd ever heard and even had compliments from Porsche owners about it.

Tim

finklejag
29th March 2004, 10:48 PM
I already called ND up. They never called back. I emailed Jetex direct. It will be $630.00 shipped to my house.

oslowley
29th March 2004, 11:48 PM
I was talking to BSR today and within the next few weeks they will be offering four exhaust options for the 9-3SS. The main reason for this is that it seems Saab changed the fuel tank in 04' to a GM fuel tank from a Opel/Vauxhall Signum or something simular!

There will be two options for the 03' models - with and without bodykit and the same for the 04' models onwards with the new GM fuel tank.
http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=104_279_282&products_id=1533 seems like it's ready.

nestoraero
30th March 2004, 12:10 AM
This one does not fit the aero/vector....only for linear/arc without the aero body kit...

finklejag
30th March 2004, 12:20 AM
Jetex catbacks

Linear/Arc

http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/jetexstainless/StainlessPrices/saab_details/saab_pics_desc/saab_pics/63-ha.jpg

Aero

120x90 oval tip
http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/jetexstainless/StainlessPrices/saab_details/saab_pics_desc/saab_pics/63-hb.jpg

L.A.saaberino
7th April 2004, 03:11 AM
i was on the jetex sit and i cant find any exhaust for the 9-3 SS. do i have to ask directly?