SaabCentral Forums banner

Anyone else with a 9-5 had their nav screen change color?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mikelyden 
#1 ·
We have a customers vehicle in for service (2010 9-5) and after completing the update for his Nav system to fix an issue he was having with his clock the color palette for his display has changed. I seem to remember reading somewhere that others had this happen but don't remember where and have searched 4 different forums... just figured it'd be easier to make my own post.
Have you had this happen to you?
Was it possible to get the display back to the original colors?
Please post any experience you may have had with this.

#2 ·
I like the Miami Dolphins

:cheesy:

And its a good thing, because when I got the NAV upgrade in order to fix the clock and the searching for GPS problems, the colors changed. I loved the bright orange and neon green. Now I have aqua and peachish...

The GPS problem was fixed, the clock was not. The colors arent GARISH, just not as good as before. One minor change...instead of the GIANT Griffin on the screen at on and off, you now have a small griffin badge and text that states "audio performance by Harmon/Kardon". I like that part.

If anyone knows how to get the original colors back but keep the GPS working, I would love to know.

2010 Aero 9-5 32k

6 previous Saabs and I am too tired to list.

#3 ·
For the clock fix anyway-

this is going to sound kinda crazy and may take you two or three attempts from what I'm told, but are the actions we have completed on 2 different vehicles with successful results and was direction given to us by the folks at SAAB.* (We do not think it will matter if you had the update available for your radio completed or not since that does not fix the DST issue anyway.)
Park your (running) car in a very open area for one hour. No buildings or tree cover should be around and this can not be completed with the car in the garage.

After one hour of the car running in this open area adjust the clock to the proper time.
Exit the car and allow it to run for one more hour in same open area.
Go on about your day and keep your fingers crossed that when you turn her on the next day she has the correct time : ) If not you will want to complete the entire process again.
Apparently the issue has to do with the GPS system and reception and placing the car in an open area allows it to accurately read that.
I hope this works for you (let me know) and you are welcome to share the information with anyone you know with a similar problem with the clock.(assuming it does the trick for you too!).

this does not fix the color issue however...

#5 ·
Is this something I should be concerned about on my 2011?

My startup shows a 3D SAAB logotype rotating into view; no griffins anywhere. Seems I might prefer a little griffin in the corner and modifying the nav color palate would be great.

Any way to access this with an obd communicator and a laptop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.