Magnaflow installed [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Magnaflow installed

Jet 9-3
14th March 2004, 12:21 AM
Had it put on today. Not sure if the tips looks too big, hanging under the bumper. I guess that's what happens when you buy soemthing just by seeing a picture. I may wind up getting the decor kit and raising it up. If I did that, do you think it could just be pulled up, or does it have to be cut and a new piece of pipe put on?

It sounds great at idle, and especially once you get going on the highway, but a little loud in low gears, though. Sometimes get a slight rattle in the interior.

Not a slam dunk so far, but overall I like it

finklejag
14th March 2004, 12:56 AM
The tips are not too big. If you aren't leasing your car. I would buy the decor kit.

CallipNCSUsaab
14th March 2004, 01:56 PM
yeah, i am probably going to get the decor kit on mine as well man.

I know you just cut this piece out of the rear bumper.. but is this something I do... my saab dealership... or any shop??

and how would it cost to have it fitted?

the cheapest place to get the decor kit was parts for saabs correct ($35)??

and yeah, I am also wondering if its going to have to be cut off and put back on.. most likely!

finklejag
14th March 2004, 02:43 PM
Some guys cut the valence them self. If you take it to the dealer. It would probably cost you about 1/2 labor for them to do it.

Viscouse
14th March 2004, 02:46 PM
Someone here (I think WASAAB?) cut the rear skirt to make it fit & it worked fine. To do it properly you'd need to get the rear trim & the decor kit. Or cut it & get the decor kit (just the little back outline piece).

CallipNCSUsaab
15th March 2004, 12:03 AM
how do you cut the rear piece without totally F******* the back of your car??? What do you use to cut it??

And.. how does the decor kit stay on?

I know someone with a magnaflow, I guess it was WASAAB who cut the rear apron but did not put any trim there like the decor kit, can you not tell its just cut??

Jet 9-3
15th March 2004, 09:41 AM
how do you cut the rear piece without totally F******* the back of your car??? What do you use to cut it??

And.. how does the decor kit stay on?

I know someone with a magnaflow, I guess it was WASAAB who cut the rear apron but did not put any trim there like the decor kit, can you not tell its just cut??

Wasaab eventually put it on. There are instructions on Genuine Saab's page:

http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files/SSBumpCut12793160.pdf

Says you need a reciprocating saw or a hooked razor knife The main concern I would have is that it's unclear if there is a template

WASAAB - did you cut the hole yourself?

CallipNCSUsaab
16th March 2004, 12:15 AM
^ I believe I read somewhere there is infact a slight outline of where to cut.

Jet 9-3
16th March 2004, 12:26 AM
^ I believe I read somewhere there is infact a slight outline of where to cut.

I think there is, but it's on the underside, and I don't have a lift

03_Saab 9-3
16th March 2004, 04:21 PM
Im in the process of ordering my decor kit soon too for my magnaflow install. I got under the car.. you can see where to cut out in the valence plain as day. Looks pretty easy now that i have seen it.

CallipNCSUsaab
16th March 2004, 04:42 PM
do you plan on cutting it yourself.. I am a poor just out of college guy so I dont have the tools.. guess I am forced to get someone to do it for me.

who would yall reccomend, my muffler shop said no.. and the dealer would probably be expensive dont you think?

finklejag
16th March 2004, 04:56 PM
I am a poor just out of college guy

With a 35K Arc :lol:

CallipNCSUsaab
16th March 2004, 05:05 PM
:D okay, so I guess things could be worse. We are all very fortunate :)

03_Saab 9-3
16th March 2004, 10:39 PM
I havent decided if im going to cut it myself or not. My tentative plan is to have my bodyshop guy spray it cosmic blue for me... he may install for free if i can get him to do so. If so ill let him do it, if not ill do it i guess. I figure Ill use a cordless sawzall if i have to, borrow the neighbors or somthin haha.