SaabCentral Forums banner

2011 Warranty ?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cosmicflash 
#1 ·
I bought a used2011 Saab 9-5 with 19,000 miles on Saturday with a full manufacturers warranty. It even says so on the sticker.

I found on on Sunday that Saab no longer exists as a company. So how does the warranty work if there is no company to service it?
Did I just taken?

I specifically asked about the warranty and if it was fully transferable.
They stated that it was and that the saab dealer down the road would honor it.

They never once told me that Saab had went bankrupt. I never would have bought the car knowing that.

#2 ·
If it is a Saab factory warranty then yes you are out of luck. Many of the 2011's were sold with non factory backed warranties that would be transferrable. You should take a good hard look at your paperwork and maybe check with the Saab dealer in your area. I hope it works out and you enjoy the car.

#3 ·
I bought a used2011 Saab 9-5 with 19,000 miles on Saturday with a full manufacturers warranty. It even says so on the sticker.

I found on on Sunday that Saab no longer exists as a company. So how does the warranty work if there is no company to service it?
Did I just taken?

I specifically asked about the warranty and if it was fully transferable.
They stated that it was and that the saab dealer down the road would honor it.

They never once told me that Saab had went bankrupt. I never would have bought the car knowing that.

well they are correct in that the warranty is fully transferrable, just like the air I breathe is transferrable to you. :lol:
There are certain Saab dealers that are handling warranty work on a good will basis. But it is not through your warranty. The Saab warranty you have is good for zilch.

Did you get took? Well if you thought that warranty was worth anything then yeah you got took.

Please pardon my cynicism....I just can't muster any empathy for people who don't do their research.

#4 ·
If you don't mind, let me butt in here with a suggestion?

I would take them to small claims court. Here in our county that is about any claim around $1,000. Do a bit of research and find out how much it will cost for an "aftermarket warranty" from a private company. GE used to sell them and when you get an "extended warranty" from a dealer it is often one of these.

They get a nice commission from each warranty they sell, I have heard roughly half but that sounds high.

As a dealer, they can give you a policy. Post in the general forum regarding which company is better. Based on what you said "on the sticker" and "Saab down the road", if was a point of the sale, question if they (the dealer who sold it to you), exercised proper duty of care before spouting off since they have a higher degree of knowledge and are in the business.

Do they sell other new cars ... large or small used dealer ???

If they have access to these company ... it's basically an insurance policy ... they just may toss you one to avoid court.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Unless it's an aftermarket warranty they lied to you. Not sure if that is binding or not and probably varies from state to state.

Gotta love the sleezy dealers that don't tell you a car company is out of business...:roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.