SaabCentral Forums banner

Check engine light in 2011 9-5 Turbo4

15K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  SPG900T 
#1 ·
I was driving my 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 (22K miles) and noticed the check engine light was on. I drove to AutoZone where they scanned the car and came up with a P0014 error. Looking further into this, it appears that it is associated with the camshaft position sensor.

I can't find much information on this issue for a 2011 and don't want to assume that it would be same for previous years. Is there anyone who has dealt with this error before on this year vehicle? I would like to find a photo or diagram that shows where the crankshaft position sensor is located (if this is really the issue). I also read that issues with the CPS often indicate that the DI cassette may the be culprit.

Any suggestions or advice?

#4 · (Edited)
Did you get this resolved? I just purchased a 2011 Saab 9-5 turbo4 with 12,000 miles and it came off the delivery truck with this P0014 error and p0330. The dealer states it is due to immobilizer and the fact it was shipped 800 miles. I deleted code three times and it finally went away. The truck driver unloaded it before I got there and stated one of keys did not work, but they both do. Will this code come back? Did shipped do something to cause codes?

#5 · (Edited)
I believe my p0014 and p0330 codes are resolved. Apparently the road vibration/jarring from shipping the car approx 800 miles damaged a knock sensor. The damaged sensor was causing secondary code p0014 to trip as a result of it's failure. The $7USD knock sensor was replaced on the driver side and no errors have appeared in almost a week. My car now has 13,400 miles, it had 12,000 when delivered.

I was not happy when the car was delivered with the check engine light illuminated!:cry:

#9 ·
JC-place,

You'll have to let me know if the CPS replacement did the job. Although my check engine light is currently off, it has come on twice over the past 4-5 months.

I need to take my car in but a few ex-Saab dealers in my area are telling me that they can no longer get parts. I do know my 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo4 shares many components with other vehicles built on the GM-based Epsilon II chassis. maybe the CPS is one of the interchangeable parts?

#10 ·
Saab engine parts cross reference

I am bringing my car in tomorrow to have the check engine light looked at. I was able to get information in the event that I need to replace my crank position sensor. Given limited parts availability, I was able to cross reference the CPS for the 2011 Saab 9-5 4-cylinder turbo engine.

Engine model: A20NHT, A20NFT
Part Name: Crank Position Sensor
Part Number: GM 12588992, AC Delco 213-1696

#11 ·
I just took the car to my local Saab dealer yesterday and they did replace the cam sensor as well for the returning p0330 (knock sensor bank2) code. This should hopefully fix my returning check engine light. I am very lucky to have a excellent/awesome/knowledgable/helpful Saab dealer in town to take my two Saabs for maint and service needs!!!

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.