SaabCentral Forums banner

Welcome me to the SAAB family!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Laserredsaab 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

Mike here from Long Island, New York. Being delivered on Wednesday is my new (new to me, pre-owned) 2011 Saab 9-5 AERO with 15K. I cannot wait to get it! I outgrew my 3 series beemer and needed a bigger family car. After literally looking at EVERY mid sized sedan out there, I hated them all! Lincoln MKS, Acura TL, Cadillac STS, etc. I couldnt afford a 5 series beemer or equivalent.

My search led me to the Saab and I fell in love with the body style and the price was right of course. I bought a 100K 5 year warranty through an after market company so I am fully covered.

With that said, few things:

1) Should it be easy to get parts over the next few years?
2) How good/bad are these cars mechanically?

Thanks and I'll be posting quite a bit!

#3 · (Edited)
There is a very vital gathering of NG 9-5 owners over on Facebook (world's largest active group [89 members] -Europeans and North Americans plus others).

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162858857140881/?bookmark_t=group

And Congratulations! (If not for the fact that Turbo X satisfies me so, I'd be following in footsteps ;ol; ).

Hirsch ECU upgrade would be first on my list, btw :)

#5 · (Edited)
http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Content.aspx?path=/Products/Leistung/G270004060

0-62 mph drops from 6.9 to 6.1 sec.

Part number
G270004060
Description
Performance upgrade with optimised software. Experience a more powerful engine with Saab Original factory warranty.
Price
USD1,350.00, excl. VAT
Installation time
0.50h

For the time being the only performance upgrade available that is 'Factory Authorized'. Because of the small numbers and 'end of line' status, I'm not sure how many other engine tuning options you'll have (even 'unauthorized'). Perhaps Brian at VTuner has something up his sleeve...There are several among the Facebook Group who have gone the Hirsch route (4 cyl and 6 cyl upgrade).

There are other items available from Hirsch (spoilers, splitters, dash trim, lowering springs, quad outlet exhaust -- some of which you may have to hunt for in 'other markets', possibly from ANA Trollhattan directly).

[If it were me: I'd get that software upgrade+lowering springs (at $625 [OUCH!])+rear spoiler (Hirsch [$381.27+paint, SaabUSAparts.com] or optional Saab Issue [prefer latter: $334.74 +paint, SaabUSAparts.com]) find some 15mm wheel spacers, all round (you may have to custom--I haven't seen any available for NG 9-5, can ask on Facebook) + 35% tint+clear bra...and call it a Day].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.